Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sudden acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are we back here again? This is ridiculous, honestly.

So assuming you're sincere in your assertion that I misstated and was condescending, this will be my last attempt to explain. I will rephrase: Instead of stating the OP was incorrect, I should have clearly stated 'the OP was incorrect in her understanding of the information that Sterling conveyed.' I thought that was clear. I also said I thought the misunderstanding was understandable, given the situation. I have no idea why you would find a sincere statement like that on my part to be said in a 'condescending tone', when I was very very carefully trying to state what happened without assigning blame.

Please note that I was posting because I wanted to support her assertion that Sterling had shown up (which many people found unbelievable).

As far as me trying to 'Bonnie-splain', I was only conveying exactly what Sterling told me he said at the time.

I will be sure to be very precise in the future and include all the information into one sentence. I was at fault for assuming that everyone reading the post understood exactly what I was saying (and plenty of people did).

I'm not going to fight with you. I accept that you were unable to understand what I posted & that you assumed I was being condescending. I know I wasn't, but -shrug- nothing I can do about that.

Why are we back here? That would be because I responded to a post you made about how many "Disagrees" you've allotted me. If you didn't care for a response, then why make a post?

As for more accuracy in the future, yes, that would be appreciated and we should all strive for that. As an example, in the post above you stated "you assumed I was being condescending." In the interest of accuracy I didn't "assume" that, I merely mentioned that it "could be perceived to be a condescending tone."

Furthermore, I disagreed with what could be perceived to be a condescending tone towards her when you claim she likely mis-remembered or misunderstood due to a stressful event.

So now that I have an autopilot car (as of today), yes the cruise on/off button has gone away. The end of the stalk is now the following distance control.

Still, the stalk is a lot smaller and I'm not tempted to confuse them, even though I was driving a car with the opposite stalk layout this morning.