Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I delete Homelink icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the Homelink on our 2 Model Ys. Now there is a Homelink icon on the control screen. How do I delete the icon from the control screen?

The reason I ask is in case I’m not home and accidentally hit the icon my garage door on the car that’s in the garage will cause the door to open.

I have at times selected the wrong Car to open the Fronk. That’s not a big deal because the car is in the locked garage. But accidentally hitting the Homelink button on a car that’s in the garage when I’m hundreds of miles away is an issue.

IMG_5507.jpeg

Press and hold the icon. Another screen will pop up and ask you what you want to replace it with.

Grabthar​

Thanks for replying I pressed and held the icon and no response so that did not work.

BUT it isn't an issue since when I select the icon it asks "Are you sure?" So I can't inadvertently hit the icon and have the garage door open unless I respond YES.

I am also a long time MyQ user and I get alerts on my iphone and email when door is left open. Then I can check car camera to visually verify the door status

Overall I'm pleased with the HomeLink setup on the Tesla set up to automatically open and manually close the door.

Reactions: 777av8r
Press and hold the icon. Another screen will pop up and ask you what you want to replace it with.
Update:

After testing the Homelink icon I realized that it’s not an issue since a simple click doesn’t activate the door, it brings up a verifying question of “Are You Sure?” So a simple inadvertent activation would only activate the door if you select yes to the question. That 2 step verification would eliminate a false activation. So no need to delete the icon.

Attachments

• IMG_5511.png
    IMG_5511.png
    457.5 KB · Views: 31
I just installed the Homelink on our 2 Model Ys. Now there is a Homelink icon on the control screen. How do I delete the icon from the control screen?

The reason I ask is in case I’m not home and accidentally hit the icon my garage door on the car that’s in the garage will cause the door to open.

I have at times selected the wrong Car to open the Fronk. That’s not a big deal because the car is in the locked garage. But accidentally hitting the Homelink button on a car that’s in the garage when I’m hundreds of miles away is an issue.

View attachment 967229
I believe the Homelink ICON will only work if the car is in range of your garage. If you are away with the car, it will not open the door.

I believe the Homelink ICON will only work if the car is in range of your garage. If you are away with the car, it will not open the door.

I am aware. We have 2 Teslas. My concern WAS if I bring up the app when I'm on the road with the other Tesla and I accidentally activate the homelink button on the car that is in the garage 150 miles away. .

I've already activated the wrong car's Fronk button and the Fronk opened 150 mile away on the car in the garage opened rather than the car I was had that day. . That was not an issue because the car was in the garage.

Still bottom line is it's not an issue because unlike the Fronk icon where a simple single touch will open the Fronk the Homelink icon requires a 2 step process and requires answering a popup "Are You Sure?"

Grabthar​

Thanks for replying I pressed and held the icon and no response so that did not work.

BUT it isn't an issue since when I select the icon it asks "Are you sure?" So I can't inadvertently hit the icon and have the garage door open unless I respond YES.

I am also a long time MyQ user and I get alerts on my iphone and email when door is left open. Then I can check car camera to visually verify the door status

Overall I'm pleased with the HomeLink setup on the Tesla set up to automatically open and manually close the door.
You are right about all the above. However, I too would like to remove the HomeLink icon from my iOS Tesla app.

I don’t like having to deal with the “Are you sure? Continuing will automatically link…”. I don’t want to take the chance of accidentally linking my pre-existing HomeLink MyQ account and app with the Tesla app and then being locked into a subscription I don’t want or need.