Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon crashing into garage door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three new uses for Summon.

Sometimes, I have parked to close to a wall and I want to pull the car forward a couple feet to get behind the car and access the trunk.

Sometimes I have parked to a pole and, while I can still access the trunk, opening the rear hatch causes the top of the hatch to move backward, potentially scraping the pole.

Finally, I can pull the car backwards a little to hook up to a trailer while standing at the hitch, though the rear facing camera makes this rather easily already.

Do I use it as a party trick? Shamelessly.

I think the door was too high or too transparent to the sonar to be detected. Probably too high.

I use Summon all the for ridiculous things. My sister in law asked me to move my car, parked at a curb on the street, back a few feet so that my father in law could pull in at a walkway for my mother in law, who has trouble walking. I did it without leaving the house.
Going to have to throw the BS flag here, Summon won't work if you're not in close proximity to the vehicle...