Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super charging, thump from car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3, delivered in UK Sept 2019, does this every time I’ve used a Supercharger. Usually several times during a typical 30-40 minute charging session. The first time it worried m as it’s quite loud. Now not so much as I read in various places that it was perfectly normal for the battery to pop / thump when supercharging. So I just turn the Netflix volume up :D I hope this is correct!

My Model 3, delivered in UK Sept 2019, does this every time I’ve used a Supercharger. Usually several times during a typical 30-40 minute charging session. The first time it worried m as it’s quite loud. Now not so much as I read in various places that it was perfectly normal for the battery to pop / thump when supercharging. So I just turn the Netflix volume up :D I hope this is correct!
I don't really mind it when charging, but when I have passengers and hear a loud thud, passengers ask if I hit something and I have to explain Model 3 battery packs just do that in the cold.

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz