Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Abilene, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh great to know! I'm in the community of Abilene and Brownwood. I am picking up my preowned 22 M3 standard Saturday in Fort Worth and stressing about making it back to Abilene in the rain since I won't be able to supercharge since it's pre owned for the first few days.😅
@TexasIronMan There is an Electrify America charging station at the Walmart in Eastland. Also appears to be a Blink charging station at Weatherford College. Perhaps between the 2 of those you can make the trip. Will you have access to a charger once you get to Abilene?

@TexasIronMan There is an Electrify America charging station at the Walmart in Eastland. Also appears to be a Blink charging station at Weatherford College. Perhaps between the 2 of those you can make the trip. Will you have access to a charger once you get to Abilene?
Unfortunately I ended up canceling my order, sadly. The one I had ordered and picking up this Saturday ended up not working out. On to hopefully finding another one that is in my price zone. I have a Mobile charger that was confirmed for order today and hopefully getting a 220v installed in my garage within the next few weeks.

Unfortunately I ended up canceling my order, sadly. The one I had ordered and picking up this Saturday ended up not working out. On to hopefully finding another one that is in my price zone. I have a Mobile charger that was confirmed for order today and hopefully getting a 220v installed in my garage within the next few weeks.
Sorry to hear that. Hold out for a long range model if at all possible. You won't regret it. Good luck!

Oh great to know! I'm in the community of Abilene and Brownwood. I am picking up my preowned 22 M3 standarx Saturday in Fort Worth and stressing about making it back to Abilene in the rain since I won't be able to supercharge since it's pre owned for the first few days.😅
A quick 10 minutes charge in Cisco should be a good first test charge, plus it will prevent you from limping back on low charge. Also keeping to the speed limit will help with range in the Standard Range model.

Interesting point about the Tesla account on a private sale transfer. I would expect that you could get that set up by phone quickly, or at least agree with the owner on some reimbursement.

Thank you! I'm fine with a standard just the first few days will suck.😅 I want at least a 22 or newer since it has AMD Ryzen in it.
I bought used direct through Tesla for the additional warranty, among other things. That included the ability to Supercharge as soon as I drove off the lot in Ft. Worth.
It's my understanding, when buying direct from a previous owner, they can transfer to the car to you using the app, at the time of sale and you will be able to Supercharge almost immediately.
When I bought mine last March I was convinced I couldn't live without the USS. For what its worth its has been nice having summon and autopark all along. I knew the Intel CPU would become antiquated I just didn't think it would be this soon.

I bought used direct through Tesla for the additional warranty, among other things. That included the ability to Supercharge as soon as I drove off the lot in Ft. Worth.
It's my understanding, when buying direct from a previous owner, they can transfer to the car to you using the app, at the time of sale and you will be able to Supercharge almost immediately.
When I bought mine last March I was convinced I couldn't live without the USS. For what its worth its has been nice having summon and autopark all along. I knew the Intel CPU would become antiquated I just didn't think it would be this soon.
Right? I was pretty surprised about the Intel and instantly had the go up to at least a 22. I wouldn't mind buy used directly from Tesla, however paying for taxes upfront kind of kills it for me.