Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock, TX - University Ave (Target)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Talmen

Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2021
Abilene, TX
TDLR filing for Supercharger in Lubbock at the Target on University Ave.

Not the one at the Toot'n Totum as I was expecting. Wonder if plans have changed for that since that Toot'n Totum was so delayed with construction... I guess Tesla has some sort of agreement with Target as I've seen several permits now at their stores.

TDLR filing for Supercharger in Lubbock at the Target on University Ave.

Not the one at the Toot'n Totum as I was expecting. Wonder if plans have changed for that since that Toot'n Totum was so delayed with construction... I guess Tesla has some sort of agreement with Target as I've seen several permits now at their stores.

There are a ton of superchargers at Targets.

It's like Tesla knows my 10 mile rule and just got close enough. This is I-27 and all 4 US Numbered Highways: US-62, US-82, US-84, US-87/
Well, OK, I'm not sure if it's officially on I-27 yet. OSM/Supercharge.info has the miles south of the Loop marked as I-27, but Google Maps doesn't.

However, last year a bill was signed that means I-27 is going to be extended so that it goes from Laredo, TX to Raton, NM, with sections I-27W and I-27E between Sterling City, TX and Lamesa, TX, I-27W via Midland, and I-27E via Big Springs, TX.

I read that the additional 4 or 5 miles south of Lubbock may be signed I-27 this month (February 2024). Anyone know if that's happening or has happened?

Well, OK, I'm not sure if it's officially on I-27 yet. OSM/Supercharge.info has the miles south of the Loop marked as I-27, but Google Maps doesn't.

However, last year a bill was signed that means I-27 is going to be extended so that it goes from Laredo, TX to Raton, NM, with sections I-27W and I-27E between Sterling City, TX and Lamesa, TX, I-27W via Midland, and I-27E via Big Springs, TX.

I read that the additional 4 or 5 miles south of Lubbock may be signed I-27 this month (February 2024). Anyone know if that's happening or has happened?

Yeah, I heard the I-27 designation had been approved to be extended as the highway is brought up to interstate standards. I don't really like the E/W designations of interstates like I-35 E/W in DFW and Minneapolis/St. Paul or the ridiculousness of I-69 E/C/W in South Texas. Wish one route would be numbered as a spur route such as I-127 like the Interstate numbering system had initially intended.

Not sure if re-signing has happened yet in Lubbock but I know most of... if not all of US-87 in Lubbock is up to interstate standards and just needs to be re-signed.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Yeah, I heard the I-27 designation had been approved to be extended as the highway is brought up to interstate standards. I don't really like the E/W designations of interstates (like I-35 E/W in DFW and Minneapolis/St. Paul or the ridiculousness of I-69 E/C/W in South Texas.). Wish one route would be numbered as a spur route such as I-127 like the Interstate numbering system had initially intended.

Not sure if re-signing has happened yet in Lubbock but I know a lot of... if not most of US-87 in Lubbock is up to interstate standards and just needs to be re-signed.
Well, given that Texas and New Mexico seem to be enthusiastic about it, I'll include this as being on I-27 using the OSM start and then at some point treat the whole thing as Future I-27, and update existing locations at being on it. Since it appears that I-27E at Big Springs should be the shorter route I'd treat I-27E as being part of the main I-27 (as I do with other splits like I-35 in Dallas-Fort Worth and Minneapolis-St Paul).

• Informative
Reactions: Talmen
Lubbock - University Ave, TX

Host Type: Store
Host: Target
Along Primary Interstates: I-27
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-62, US-82, US-84, US-87
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-27

To: Plainview, TX - 50.8 miles
Diversion: 3.3 miles
To: End (I-40/US-60/US-87 Amarillo, TX) - 125.6 miles

US-62

To: Childress, TX (v2) - 154.2 miles
Diversion: 9.3 miles
To: Oklahoma City - NE 36th St, OK - 385.5 miles

US-82

To: Henrietta, TX (v2) - 238.1 miles
Diversion: 8.5 miles
To: Gainesville, TX - 301 miles (Permit)

US-84

To: Post, TX - 39.3 miles (Construction)
Diversion: 4.6 miles
To: Sweetwater, TX (v2) - 122.4 miles

US-87

To: Plainview, TX - 50.8 miles
Diversion: 2.9 miles
To: Amarillo - River Rd, TX - 130.5 miles (Permit)

A proper Lubbock Supercharger. We would expect that once this opens the small Lubbock Service Center Supercharger will close.

Yes, Tesla has had a partnership with Target for many years now.

Last time we made it all the way from Sweetwater to Plainview both directions and with the new Post location we will have yet another option.

If they’ll get just get a supercharger in Roswell I won’t even be going through the TX panhandle anymore to get to southern CO or Northern NM. We prefer to drive west on I-10 and then cross southern NM to I-40 via US285.

Last edited:
Works for me...

1711584533938.png

• Informative
Reactions: Guacahummus