Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Abilene, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Abilene, TX

Host Type: Store
Host: Target
Along Primary Interstates: I-20
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-83, US-84, US-277
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-20

To: Clyde, TX - 18.4 miles
Diversion: 5.2 miles
To: Cisco, TX (v2) - 49.3 miles

US-83

To: Childress, TX (v2) - 158.9 miles
Diversion: 2.5 miles
To: Shamrock, TX (v2) - 214.7 miles

US-84

To: Early, TX - 79.6 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Waco, TX - 203.6 miles

US-277

To: End (I-44/US-62 Newcastle, OK) - 294.8 miles
Diversion: 5.1 miles

Along I-20, although only via a big loopy diversion.

But more, it's on US-83, US-84 and US-277 and a good splitter on all of them.

Definitely a wanted location, man. ;)

Reactions: drdumont and Talmen
Great news! I tried my first Tesla experience with a TURO Tesla from Dallas to Abilene in 2020. Nearest charger was Cisco. Learned all about cold weather, range management, overnight battery drain when the owner leaves Sentry mode on. Thank goodness the RV outlets at the Civic Center loading dock were hot the morning after the REHAB show. Put down my deposit on the first Good Ship Venus when I got home.
This year (2024) will be my 51st year of Engineering the REHAB show for Television.

Reactions: CarlS
No construction work yet. I frequent this Target a lot, so I'll know pretty quick once construction starts. I think there is another Abilene resident that is on this board as well so between the two of us, we should catch it really fast.
I’m here too. Granted I traded in my Model Y for a Rivian R1T but I’m still looking forward to Superchargers coming to Abilene for people that can’t charge at home.

Reactions: Talmen
Have yall called the phone numbers on the TLDR website to see updates? I noticed it said completion was supposed to be end of Feb.

I'm not sure how much they stick to those dates. I've seen some sites recently go into construction that had original TDLR posting dates back in Oct 2023. The Abi one was put in late November. As some additional context, the Early (Brownwood) one has been on TDLR now for over a year with no activity. I drive by it monthly (or try to) if there have been no updates on its thread.

I drive past this Abilene spot several times a week as its right on one of the two main freeways through the middle of town. Combined with the other couple of people that have posted that they are local to Abi, this will flip to "under construction" pretty quick once it starts since its pretty consistently watched.

Oh great to know! I'm in the community of Abilene and Brownwood. I am picking up my preowned 22 M3 standarx Saturday in Fort Worth and stressing about making it back to Abilene in the rain since I won't be able to supercharge since it's pre owned for the first few days.😅

I'm not sure how much they stick to those dates. I've seen some sites recently go into construction that had original TDLR posting dates back in Oct 2023. The Abi one was put in late November. As some additional context, the Early (Brownwood) one has been on TDLR now for over a year with no activity. I drive by it monthly (or try to) if there have been no updates on its thread.

I drive past this Abilene spot several times a week as its right on one of the two main freeways through the middle of town. Combined with the other couple of people that have posted that they are local to Abi, this will flip to "under construction" pretty quick once it starts since its pretty consistently watched.
Oh great to know! I'm in the community of Abilene and Brownwood. I am picking up my preowned 22 M3 standard Saturday in Fort Worth and stressing about making it back to Abilene in the rain since I won't be able to supercharge since it's pre owned for the first few days.😅

Reactions: Talmen