Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mathis, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would have preferred more than 8 stalls but every new V3 Supercharger along I-37/US 77 helps especially for Starship launches. During the last Starship launch, I was able to skip the very crowded Kingsville SC and make it to Three Rivers instead (still had to wait a little bit). But good to now have another option.

Interesting. I’ve started using the 359 cut across from the Alice supercharger to Mathis because it cuts out the hassle of driving thru George West and Three Rivers and I don’t need the Three Rivers supercharger anyway. A few more miles but quite peaceful.

I don’t really need this charger either but it would be an alternative to the Alice charger.

I generally charge in Alice and easily make it around San Antonio and west on I-10 before stopping for more charge. The Rim supercharger will be handy or West 1604 when it comes on line.

This is not far (37 miles) from the Three Rivers supercharger at Love’s also on I-37 which is old V2 and very busy with crazy parking. One of my least favorite.

Last edited:
From the Texas DLR filing above:

Start Date: 4/21/2024
Completion Date: 5/24/2024
Estimated Cost: $122,000

(If that is Tesla's cost for the entire project, I am stunned. I believe that is a full order of magnitude lower than their competition can do. Maybe this will be a prefab site?)

Reactions: CarlS
From the Texas DLR filing above:

Start Date: 4/21/2024
Completion Date: 5/24/2024
Estimated Cost: $122,000

(If that is Tesla's cost for the entire project, I am stunned. I believe that is a full order of magnitude lower than their competition can do. Maybe this will be a prefab site?)

I see most 8-12 stall sites in the $100k - $200k range. I don't know if that cost includes the total cost of construction (eg. dirt work, paving, trenching, etc..) or if it's just the cost for the charging hardware itself. The only time I remember seeing this number much larger is for really large sites, like Buc-ees. Tesla really does have a cost advantage compared to other DC fast charger networks since they manufacture their own hardware and at scale. Other providers have to buy chargers made by other companies so there is already a middleman (or two or three...) involved.