Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aulds Cove, NS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also surprised to see this on the supercharger map this morning

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 7.19.17 AM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 7.19.17 AM.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 22
For the Truro site - what about the Canadian Tire? Tesla seems to have an agreement with Canadian Tire and they have several SCs her in Ontario in Canadian Tire lots. And that looks like it could be a good location in Truro. Like where I have drawn a red circle in this map:
1710522342038.png

Reactions: daveX2021
Screenshot 2024-03-23 PC SC maybe.png

This is a shot of the Petro Canada in Auld's Cove. Not a lot of room to shoehorn in some Superchargers unless the lot was expanded somehow.

Screenshot 2024-03-23 Irving SC maybe.png

This is a shot of the Irving Big Stop in Auld's Cove a short distance south east of the Petro Canada.. More room to possibly install Super Chargers. I'd suggest they stay away from the area to the west by the trucks. Expansion out back possible? Empty lots east and west would work well depending on who owns them.

Reactions: daveX2021 and Mayoo
Big Stop is def the best choice in that area. Not sure who owns to the west but to the east is another property. I don’t think I’ve ever noticed that darker cleared piece of land to the north in the photo, maybe it was going to be the supercharger site when it was planned back in 2021? I’ll have to take a look next time I’m passing by

What's the adventure of Auld's Cove vs Antigonish? Being 50km farther from previous SCs? I have to think that pretty much all vehicles going to Auld's Cove would have come through Antigonish.

Or even Port Hastings?

What's the adventure of Auld's Cove vs Antigonish? Being 50km farther from previous SCs? I have to think that pretty much all vehicles going to Auld's Cove would have come through Antigonish.

Or even Port Hastings?
People are like to drive a lot on Cape Breton, so having something as close as possible is good.

Also it covers people who're taking the southern route. On a vacation a few years ago, we drove from Halifax to Cape Breton via a southern route and I think bypassed Antagonish.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Irving would be my guess, like the Aulac supercharger. The Irving at Aulds Cove has a medium voltage line deadend on site and an apparently unused parking area in the back. Seems like an obvious pick.
My guess would not be Irving. It doesn't seem like Tesla has worked with Irving for a while, and Irving seems to be pursuing their own charging.

Reactions: SmartElectric