Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger voting results

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like Newfoundland will finally get a Supercharger.

I just received the following e-mail:
Announcing the Top Voted Supercharger Locations
Thank you for casting your votes for new Supercharging locations and shaping the future of electric vehicle charging.

One or more of the locations you voted for were chosen and will become the home of a new Supercharger location— anticipated to open in between 2024-2026. The following locations were selected:

North America
Montebello, Quebec
St. John's, NL
Baie-Comeau, Quebec
Renfrew, Ontario
Aulds Cove, Nova Scotia

Reactions: ewoodrick
Renfrew is key to me. It won't help me this summer, though. And IIRC it has been on the list before so my tesla will probably have died (and not been replaced with a tesla) before it comes online.

The SC I needed in NS is still not built despite the completion date the first time I went looking for it was 3rd quarter 2021. Ironically, I no longer need it, not because I bought a CCS adapter but because the people I used to visit moved back to Ontario.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1
Same. Voting east coast a lot as we love to visit. New Glasgow (Westville) NS was on the books in 2022 and then gone. Checked the Irving station several times that summer hoping to see start of construction. Then it disappeared all together. It came up for voting last year 2023 and had a few hundred votes. Was hoping to see it up again either coming soon or voting but nothing in the last 3 quarters.
I think this would be a great addition to Aulds Cove. Will be praying to the supercharger gods.

Last edited:
I always make sure to vote for any location within my driving area or anywhere I think I want to visit 👍

Hoping for better coverage out east since I've never done a drive to NB or NS 🤞

New Brunswick has been the drive-thru province for me all my life (I'm a Bluenoser) so I can't speak to the whole province (specifically Northern and NE parts) but the TCH is incredibly well served. No range anxiety there, and all those SCs (I've made it a point to stop at all of them as of July 2023, plus the one outside Saint John) are perfectly acceptable (although my favourites are the first and the last because I have walks that I do in those places.) You'd think I'd want to blow past Aulac because I'm anxious to get home but nope, I choose to stop there (I have the range to skip it) and that means I can spend less time in Enfield as I approach Halifax.

NS, on the other hand, is a desert for all L3 charging. Eastern Passage is my base and no problem for me because my AirBnB allows 110v charging so I top up to 80% at Enfield on my way in, then charge overnight each night to off-set the driving around Halifax each day. Then I leave with 100% when I head home. I now have a CCS adapter but as of last summer that serves no purpose, there were no places to use it.

The people I wanted to visit on the Eastern Shore, up towards Canso, were not reachable according to tesla (and every other) route planner. Leaving at 100% I don't have the range to see them and make it back to Aulac. (Halifax is a bit closer so last time, leaving them with enough from their 110v to make it to Aulac, the planner was sending me back to Enfield in order to charge enough to get to Aulac without any worries but I simply chose to take the slower roads to make it to Aulac with 10%.) They've since moved away but anyone trying to go to Cape Breton automatically has to find a place to charge overnight at L2 in order to explore that area without constant range anxiety. There are L3s now but they are often down.

The people I wanted to visit on the Eastern Shore, up towards Canso, were not reachable according to tesla (and every other) route planner. Leaving at 100% I don't have the range to see them and make it back to Aulac. (Halifax is a bit closer so last time, leaving them with enough from their 110v to make it to Aulac, the planner was sending me back to Enfield in order to charge enough to get to Aulac without any worries but I simply chose to take the slower roads to make it to Aulac with 10%.) They've since moved away but anyone trying to go to Cape Breton automatically has to find a place to charge overnight at L2 in order to explore that area without constant range anxiety. There are L3s now but they are often down.

I should have read this before I burned three votes in Newfoundland. I just remember doing the long drive from St John's to the ferry at Channel-Port aux Basques in a fossil car a few years back, and figured the route needed all the love I could give it.

So these votes actually impact anything or are they just publicity stunts? I think it’s the latter in which case “Newfoundland getting a supercharger” is overselling the results.
I don’t remember seeing a second location in Nanaimo being on the voting list. Then one day I saw that there is a second location in Nanaimo. Meanwhile there is no SC between Victoria and Nanaimo and no SC in Courtenay or Campbell River. There’s probably no point in a SC in Campbell River if you can’t get there based on a charge in Nanaimo and none in Courtenay.

I think publicity stunt.