Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord, CA - Diamond Blvd. (LIVE 15 Jan 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pulled in about 9:30 AM. I was the only car here (there were 3 at the old Concord charger). I live only 9 miles away, so this was just a "I charged here" stop - SoC was nearly up to 90% and the battery was still cold. Working fine and it seems the folks who normally fill the other charger may not have found this one yet. A model X pulled in just as I was leaving.

Here's my car and a bunch of empty stalls (with a reflection in the window of me and the actual charging cabinets behind me):

PXL_20210116_172919356.MP.jpg

Reactions: house9 and mociaf9
Pulled in about 9:30 AM. I was the only car here (there were 3 at the old Concord charger). I live only 9 miles away, so this was just a "I charged here" stop - SoC was nearly up to 90% and the battery was still cold. Working fine and it seems the folks who normally fill the other charger may not have found this one yet. A model X pulled in just as I was leaving.

Darn I probably just missed you...got here about 5 minutes ago. 3 Model X keeping me company here. But I’m just doing a touch and go too.

Depending on the Nav display scale the pins can overlap so I can envision people thinking there’s only one site here.

Bruce.

Reactions: Jerry Ham
Stopped by at about 12 noon today--only 3 cars there. No MegaPack on the empty slab yet. Nice small charging cables on the V3 pedestals. Plugged in a 2015 S70D--still throttled at about 50 kW or so. FWIW if you use MCU navigation to navigate to this charger, don't try to select the red pin on the map, just select from the drop down list the 250kW one, not the old 120kW one.

Sorry to butt in, but I live just across the freeway from here, and just got my Tesla. I was wondering about the (Free?) Level 2 chargers I've seen advertised on the other side by Whole Foods. I thought i might be able to use one occasionally to top off, since I only have level 1 charging so far at my home.

Anyone use them?

I was wondering about the (Free?) Level 2 chargers I've seen advertised on the other side by Whole Foods. I thought i might be able to use one occasionally to top off, since I only have level 1 charging so far at my home.

Download the PlugShare app it has good information on types of chargers, their locations and availability.

Sorry to butt in, but I live just across the freeway from here, and just got my Tesla. I was wondering about the (Free?) Level 2 chargers I've seen advertised on the other side by Whole Foods. I thought i might be able to use one occasionally to top off, since I only have level 1 charging so far at my home.

Anyone use them?

Marty,

Hello neighbor. Welcome to the TMC. Enjoy your stay.

I occasional use the Level 2 chargers provided by Volta when shopping in the area. Note, the free EV chargers are typically full.

House9 gives great advice, PlugShare is a great resource. Set up an account with Changepoint as may of the more reasonable priced ones in the area are under their network. The EV Charging stations operated by the City of Pleasant Hill (1st, 2nd) are a reasonable price ($0.20/kWh) with losts to do while charging. The best priced in the area is operated by IBEW ($0.11/kWh) but not much to do there and limited time to charge. Not bad compared to the Tesla Supercharger rate of $0.28/kWh.

Marty,

Hello neighbor. Welcome to the TMC. Enjoy your stay.

I occasional use the Level 2 chargers provided by Volta when shopping in the area. Note, the free EV chargers are typically full.

House9 gives great advice, PlugShare is a great resource. Set up an account with Changepoint as may of the more reasonable priced ones in the area are under their network. The EV Charging stations operated by the City of Pleasant Hill (1st, 2nd) are a reasonable price ($0.20/kWh) with losts to do while charging. The best priced in the area is operated by IBEW ($0.11/kWh) but not much to do there and limited time to charge. Not bad compared to the Tesla Supercharger rate of $0.28/kWh.

Thanks, lots of good advice and info. I do have the PlugShare app, which is where I saw the stations. I've heard of Chargepoint, but didn't know if it was something I should join. I'll look into it.

I also didn't know my city operated chargers. Considering I pay 25 - 30 cents/kWh at home, it'll be a bargain.

Maybe I'll run in to you sometimes; I'll be the one in the white Tesla. :)