Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Upland, CA (under construction Jan 2024, 64 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverSp33d3r

No Longer Silver
May 23, 2018
LA

Attachments

• IMG_9888.jpeg
    IMG_9888.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_9889.jpeg
    IMG_9889.jpeg
    493.7 KB · Views: 82
Genuinely surprised they went with this location when the Campus exit has the Upland Tesla service center on the north side of the 210, and an absolutely MASSIVE outdoor mall on the south side of 210 with food, shopping, etc. Easily could have accommodated 64 stalls, but the owner may have pushed back on the cost to deploy there. Ah well, super happy to see this chunk of the 210 / I-10 finally covered.

Interesting setup. Previously, V3 sites were limited to 7 cabinets (28 stalls) per group. It seems Tesla has changed something, as this site has 8 cabinets (32 stalls) per group. Maybe it’s 4 groups of 4.
They can do 9 or 10 cabinets per transformer based on the 4000 A switchgear that is the biggest Tesla is currently using. 9 cabinets (up to 36 stalls) leave some cushion on equipment capacity but 10 cabinets (up to 40 stalls) will max out the equipment but will still work.

Grew up in Upland. Wife and my parents are still there. We visit often from San Diego. There's a serious gap out by the Tesla service center off of campus so I totally agree that would have been a better location and I suggested to Tesla a location there near the In-n-out (as Ontario Mills is too far) - we often end up charging in Temecula'ish area which is ok but not great.

This location is barely Upland and kind of in the wrong direction of where the need is...then again, it's at least close to greasy-take out (aka Ez take out now 'EZ Burger & Grill' on Mountain/Arrow - their 4x4 salt burgers are legendary and I have 35 years of experience.... so trust me. :)