Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Conifer, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Says reduced service again. I’m about to head through there with a trailer. Anyone able to confirm that it’s working?
It's working but they have half of them closed off as they finish up new asphalt paving, painting the lines, etc.
download_20200927_173648.jpg

Thank you so much! Very windy today and if that was out of operation I’d be screwed
For future reference, "Reduced Service" pretty much always means that the supercharger works. Usually it's limited stalls available (as in this case), or reduced power. "Temporary Closure" is the real head scratcher. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I get that they generally want to under-promise and over-deliver when a supercharger is having problems, but it would be nice if Tesla could write a brief description for what the issue is that the supercharger is having. Because something like "only 4 out of 8 stalls available due to paving" would be a non-issue if you were going through Conifer late at night on a weeknight or something. Or "max power 80kW" would be a minor delay in most circumstances. But obviously "power down to all stalls" would be a huge problem.

Reactions: Matsayz
For future reference, "Reduced Service" pretty much always means that the supercharger works. Usually it's limited stalls available (as in this case), or reduced power. "Temporary Closure" is the real head scratcher. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I get that they generally want to under-promise and over-deliver when a supercharger is having problems, but it would be nice if Tesla could write a brief description for what the issue is that the supercharger is having. Because something like "only 4 out of 8 stalls available due to paving" would be a non-issue if you were going through Conifer late at night on a weeknight or something. Or "max power 80kW" would be a minor delay in most circumstances. But obviously "power down to all stalls" would be a huge problem.
I suspected that might be the case but trying to route to the supercharger presented a chargers closed warning.
With my camping trailer in tow I can’t really risk it, especially on 285. The only other charger nearby that I know of is at Staunton stake park (L2 charge point).
34 degrees and high winds and tons of traffic means significantly less range. I usually make it to poncha springs to Denver but I barely made it to Aspen park tonight. Charging here now thankfully.

I suspected that might be the case but trying to route to the supercharger presented a chargers closed warning.
With my camping trailer in tow I can’t really risk it, especially on 285. The only other charger nearby that I know of is at Staunton stake park (L2 charge point).
34 degrees and high winds and tons of traffic means significantly less range. I usually make it to poncha springs to Denver but I barely made it to Aspen park tonight. Charging here now thankfully.

And Staunton has been out of service for weeks. (Chargepoint, not a Tesla issue.)

• Informative
Reactions: Brave Ulysses
Damn. I didn’t even know that.

Aspen park has been a very welcome addition although I wish it was actually Fairplay.
Fairplay is too close to Poncha Springs. Conifer is ideal for those of us who use 285 to get to/from the Denver/Boulder area. It can be reached from anywhere in the metro area and makes getting to Poncha Springs easy, even in poor weather, for which South Park is well known.

Reactions: MitchMitch
Has anyone else noticed the stall counts at this location aren't correct when a car plugs in? For example, it will show as 8/8 when empty but when a car plugs in, it shows 7/7. Two cars shows 6/7 and three cars shows 5/7, etc.

I know Lakewood had similar bad counts early on but other Superchargers around the metro area seem to show the correct number of stalls.

Last edited: