Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Destin, FL - US-98

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may not be what everyone wants (Tesla Supercharger) but it looks like Florida Power and Light’s( FPL) Evolution Network is planning on stepping up its DC Fast Charging game in NW Florida.

Plugshare now shows “Coming Soon” addresses in Destin, Ft Walton Beach, and Inlet Beach. See the pictures for addresses.

Maybe the super sleuths could look for permit data. My guess is 6 months to a year before completion based on how long the new Pensacola location took.

Attachments

• IMG_3325.png
    IMG_3325.png
    316.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3324.png
    IMG_3324.png
    318.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3326.png
    IMG_3326.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Steveat850
This supercharger is definitely needed. I just took a trip down to Destin last weekend and was struggling to find level 2 charging for my local driving needs. I tried 4 different charging stations, all of which were broken, before I finally found one that worked at the Destin Commons mall. Interestingly several other folks also showed up to the faulty chargers. The area has a lot of Tesla vehicles so I hope they start construction soon.

The yellow star means it was voted on by the Tesla community and accepted by Tesla as a future location.
You can vote here if you have a Tesla login: https://www.tesla.com/supercharger-voting/overview

It may not be what everyone wants (Tesla Supercharger) but it looks like Florida Power and Light’s( FPL) Evolution Network is planning on stepping up its DC Fast Charging game in NW Florida.

Plugshare now shows “Coming Soon” addresses in Destin, Ft Walton Beach, and Inlet Beach. See the pictures for addresses.

Maybe the super sleuths could look for permit data. My guess is 6 months to a year before completion based on how long the new Pensacola location took.

Sorry about the empty reply to the quoted post above... couldn't find a way to remove it.

What I meant to say was: it's unfortunate that FPL is installing new fast chargers without any NACS connectors. It seems like with the entire auto industry moving in that direction that they would at least make half of the charging posts NACS. Perhaps the hardware is not available to manufacturers yet, I don't know. Anyway, I guess if you really travel a lot you pony up for the $250 CCS->Tesla adapter. I'd just be worried about hanging the mass of that heavy CCS-1 connector and cable (also increased amount of leverage) onto the smaller Tesla charging port. Could cause increase wear and damage over time.

I can confirm that the FPL Evolution (CCS/150KW) site at the Holiday Inn Express/Hwy 98 in FWB is actively under construction (It has charging equipment on site, but not yet installed). I'll try to take a photo next time I'm by there. No this isn't a Supercharger, but it's looking like there will be two of these sites in the Destin/FWB area long before there will be a Tesla Supercharger. I'll try to go check on the Destin/Fudpuckers FPL Evol site later this week.

Reactions: SpectreFCO
Supercharger is finally starting. Locates marked on pavement. Two trucks were there. One gentleman said their portion should take about a month. Can’t say how long utility company and Tesla will take. They are also installing the supercharger in Santa Rosa.I didn’t ask where.

Santa Rosa Beach, Santa Rosa Island, or Santa Rosa County? Hah.

I can confirm that the FPL Evolution (CCS/150KW) site at the Holiday Inn Express/Hwy 98 in FWB is actively under construction (It has charging equipment on site, but not yet installed). I'll try to take a photo next time I'm by there. No this isn't a Supercharger, but it's looking like there will be two of these sites in the Destin/FWB area long before there will be a Tesla Supercharger. I'll try to go check on the Destin/Fudpuckers FPL Evol site later this week.

Shame it's CCS. I wonder how long FPL will take to make the switch to NACS.

Shame it's CCS. I wonder how long FPL will take to make the switch to NACS.
Agreed. NACS would be nice. BTW, I drove by today and took a picture of the FPL Evolution site in FWB (Hwy 98, behind Slim Chickens, HI Express parking lot). This will be the first DC Fast Charger in the FWB area, that I know of. I did pick up a cheap CCS-1 to Tesla adapter to give it a try when it comes alive. Sorry to post this in the Destin Supercharger thread, but I figured there might be some interest to folks traveling down to this area (bring an adapter).

Glad to see the Destin SC site is finally getting started! Yay! Hopefully it will be operational before summer.

Pic below of FWB FPL Evolution site (progress as of today 2/9/24)

IMG_3485.jpeg