TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Downtown Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by BenBethel, Aug 20, 2018.

1. BenBethel

BenBethel Member

Since there's no thread for this yet, I thought I'd kick it off.

Tesla's site shows another Supercharger coming to Phoenix in 2018 - the pin is downtown, but I assume that is just because it is the 'zero block' N/S/E/W and would be the pin for anything that would be marked "Phoenix, AZ". I had my 2016 Model S P90DL serviced here in Flagstaff and the service tech who made the appointment told me that there is something coming to downtown Phoenix soon... he seemed really certain of it but sheepishly wouldn't say anything... what the heck that means, I have no clue.... but if anyone knows anything, I'd greatly appreciate it. In looking in the downtown area, I'm guessing a parking garage at Arizona Center since they have power to their old spaces from when the GM EV-1 was driving around Phoenix... and it's also APS's offices.... and there's a lot of development there... and the AMC 24 Theatres are there (for now, supposedly being razed for high rise apartments as part of a future phase of redevelopment).

We shall see.... we shall see. I just don't like the idea of a SC being behind a literal 'pay wall'.

Any updates, information, guesses, rumors, myths, and especially humor is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
    Ben Bethel
    2016 Tesla Model S P90DL
    "PHX FLG" License Plate