Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Early, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes! This is great, combined with the Hamilton one, getting to/from west Texas via I-20 and bypassing DFW will be a lot more practical. I was hoping for one in Brownwood but Early is just as good.

edit: just noticed the host site is at a Starbucks. That is a bit unexpected.

Last edited:
Yes! This is great, combined with the Hamilton one, getting to/from west Texas via I-20 and bypassing DFW will be a lot more practical. I was hoping for one in Brownwood but Early is just as good.

edit: just noticed the host site is at a Starbucks. That is a bit unexpected.
I noticed that too. The new El Paso one is also at Starbucks. Maybe its a new partnership?

Early, TX

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Starbucks
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-67, US-84, US-183, US-377
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-67

To: Alvarado, TX (v2) - 129.6 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Dallas - S Riverfront Blvd, TX - 163.9 miles

US-84

To: Waco, TX - 123.8 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Fairfield, TX - 183.3 miles (Permit)

US-183

To: Cisco, TX (v2) - 48 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Hays, KS (v2) - 578.3 miles

US-377

To: Haltom City, TX - 132.4 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 0.3 miles
To: Fort Worth - Bucees Blvd, TX - 151.4 miles (Permit)

4 US Numbered Highways!

Reactions: CarlS
This makes me wonder how much Supercharger voting actually effects deployments. Brownwood had been in the voting for the last two cycles (it's not in the current one). I don't think it ever won, but it appears like they will be doing one anyway in the area. I'm counting Early, TX as Brownwood since they directly border each other.

Maybe that means there is hope for San Angelo since it's on the Supercharger voting board for this round of voting. I know there has been talk of wanting to get Superchargers there as well.

Reactions: ATX37 and CarlS
Anyone have insight as to time frame on these? I will head from Austin to Durango in another month. This first part of the trip is the most awkward charger wise, and these might fill the gap nicely.

I drove through Brownwood/Early 3 or 4 days ago and didn't see anything at the Starbucks. I was thinking "where are they putting this" because there aren't much parking spaces there. Curious, there is a CEFCO right across the street and it seems several of these West Central Texas stations are going in at CEFCOs. Maybe they got the permit wrong? lol.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
The start date is listed as 8/25/23 and not many start on time. I’d make other plans for a trip in a month.
True, though Tesla does start early sometimes too (probably not as much as they start late).

Plainview was nearly done before anyone here even noticed it was under construction. It was listed with a start date of 5/1 on it's permit... The SC was open by 4/6... a little less than a month from it's filed start date... So Tesla is *sometimes* ahead of schedule... 🤣

I think they finished Clyde's ahead of time as well. So I still try to watch the localish ones to me, even though they may not be starting soon according to the permit.

Brownwood/Early is only a little more than an hour drive for me so I can check on it once or twice a month fairly easily.

Last edited:
I drove through wo weekends ago. I'm also checking the CEFCO station across the street. I'm doing that incase the TDLR filing isn't completely accurate. Think we've seen it be off or with an incorrect address before and there are other SCs in the area going in at a CEFCO like Hamilton... and honestly, that CEFCO would make more sense. There isn't much space at the Starbucks, no idea where they would put an SC station unless les they are only doing a single pre-fab (4 stalls).

I drove through wo weekends ago. I'm also checking the CEFCO station across the street. I'm doing that incase the TDLR filing isn't completely accurate. Think we've seen it be off or with an incorrect address before and there are other SCs in the area going in at a CEFCO like Hamilton... and honestly, that CEFCO would make more sense. There isn't much space at the Starbucks, no idea where they would put an SC station unless les they are only doing a single pre-fab (4 stalls).
Ill be going to brownwood next week, ill check it out then. Ill ask the Starbucks employees if they know of anything while i'm there.

Reactions: growler23 and Seyed
I stopped by the Starbucks earlier today and there was no visible sign of anything happening, and i also went in and asked the Baristas if they knew of anything. They had not heard of any chargers being installed in the area, and were very surprised when i told them they were supposed to be installed at this Starbucks. They seemed excited to learn that they may have the chargers soon, the Barista stated that she knows its pretty far to any charger, and said it would be great to open Brownwood as a new route of travel for Teslas!

Decided today to visit both the Early and San Angelo sites today.

No signs of any construction in Early yet. Hopefully with the San Angelo Supercharger practically done (just missing the utility's transformer) and the Hamilton Supercharger in the middle of construction, this one in Early isn't far behind.

This spot is really needed. We just got a Model Y in April and Brownwood is normally a stop for us on the way to Colorado from Austin. Would have preferred the Chick-Fil-A parking lot just down the road but this is decent. We’re driving through next week and will check it out.

This spot is really needed. We just got a Model Y in April and Brownwood is normally a stop for us on the way to Colorado from Austin. Would have preferred the Chick-Fil-A parking lot just down the road but this is decent. We’re driving through next week and will check it out.
Indeed - I would have used it on my Austin-Colorado trip this summer if it had been available. I went through Clyde instead for charging. I was the only Tesla there in something like 10-15 chargers. Was OK but then I had to eat at Burger King 😆