Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Cajon, CA (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw that there is a location going up in El Cajon and didn't see a post started when I searched.

Here are screenshots from Tesla's map.

I am looking for a permit of some kind, but any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200918-153858_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200918-153858_Chrome.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20200918-153914_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200918-153914_Chrome.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 85
In 2018, Tesla had been working towards a supercharger in a city owned lot in El Cajon. But the city council voted against leasing them the space at that time and Tesla subsequently dropped the project. The pin on Tesla's map is still from that time and there hasn't been any other information about their plans. I assume they are still trying to find a replacement location in the area.

In 2018, Tesla had been working towards a supercharger in a city owned lot in El Cajon. But the city council voted against leasing them the space at that time and Tesla subsequently dropped the project. The pin on Tesla's map is still from that time and there hasn't been any other information about their plans. I assume they are still trying to find a replacement location in the area.
Here's the documents from the city of El Cajon about that aborted location from 2018. It was proposed as a 20-stall supercharger with 4 universal L2 stations as well. And the city rejected it for what I still feel are really dumb reasons.

Agenda with lease agreement---Consent Item #12
Meeting minutes with the council voting against---Minutes

The info that Tesla had dropped the project came from a call I made to the Community Development office in late 2018 to check on the status.

• Informative
Reactions: gaswalla