Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sunnyvale, CA - El Camino Real (under construction, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw what could be 2 V3 supercharger cabinets behind a construction fence in Sunnyvale, by the CVS at 576 E El Camino.
Not managed to find a current permit for the area, there was an old expired one, but that was for level 2 chargers.

Picture below, but it looks very like the cabinet in Tesla's documentation.

IMG_2765.jpeg

Still awaiting a utility transformer from PG&E. However the trash receptacles have been installed, on their very own concrete slab. :) There's a generous space next to the Tesla cabinets which could hold certainly one or perhaps two parking spaces, even after space is taken up by the transformer, but they're not striped as such.

IMG_0556.JPGIMG_0559.JPG

Photos.

Ima thinking 💭….. as we wait for a transformer (s)….. that Tesla is sending out crews to perform hardware switch outs, making each charging pedestal NACS -handshake/ capable so that when these stations go live, they will be available to any NACS vehicle regardless of maunfacture. 💭💭also I believe, that Magic docks are dead, as they will no longer be needed.

Photos of this sitetoday.

Attachments

• IMG_6845.jpeg
    IMG_6845.jpeg
    1,002 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6844.jpeg
    IMG_6844.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: Young
I asked a guy working at the site if they had found a transformer in the hole they had dug. He laughed and explained that they were installing an underground power line. The transformer is not part of the current work, and it will be several months before that happens. The Ditch Witch device they were using is for hydraulic digging that doesn't damage existing utility lines.

• Informative
Reactions: nikh
Saratoga Ave was the same way. Took them ages to get power up on the site. A few weeks before it went live, there was a PG&E crew working underground about 1/2 mile away by the Westgate Mall. I wondered at the time if they were upgrading the power to the area for the Supercharger site.