Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Elizabethtown, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elizabethtown, KY

Along Primary Interstates: I-65
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-31, US-62
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: None, but at the east end of the West Kentucky Parkway and 1 from the west end of the Bluegrass Parkway.

I-65

To: Louisville - Preston Hwy, KY - 36.5 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Louisville, KY - 43.7 miles

US-31

To: Indianapolis, IN - 160.2 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Carmel, IN - 184 miles

US-62

To: Grove City, OH - 271 miles
Diversion: 5.9 miles
To: Hermitage, PA - 467.7 miles

To: Lexington, KY (I-64,KY-BP,KY-4,US-27,I-75) - 93.3 miles

Splits a 105.9 mile gap on I-65, helping v3 travel, and providing flexibility.
Splits the largest gap on US-31, reducing the largest gap to 160.2 miles, to Indianapolis, IN.
Located at the east end of the West Kentucky Parkway and a mile south of the west end of the Bluegrass Parkway.

A very good splitter for both N-S and E-W travel.

Here are the pics that I took. They went from digging the ditch to this in 10 days

IMG_4567-X2.jpg

IMG_4566-X2.jpg

I asked a worker there and he said that the system isn't ready for electricity yet so not sure when the turn on date is. but that was last week. I'll stop by tomorrow and see.

Anybody been near lately?

I just noticed Tesla’s site says Q2 2022. Has this been the case since E-town reappeared earlier this year? I hope we don’t have to wait that long. My guess would be supply chain issues.
My guess is that Kentucky installations take extra long. Beaver Dam is the closest thing to an exception. I don’t know if it is the installer or utility slowing things down, but there’s a pattern.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC
My guess is that Kentucky installations take extra long. Beaver Dam is the closest thing to an exception. I don’t know if it is the installer or utility slowing things down, but there’s a pattern.
Kentucky used to have a statewide zoning regulation forbidding public charging at any location not zoned for gas stations. Is this still true?

Brilliantly stupid. “Let’s force high power electrical station in the same space as gasoline storage tanks.” I do sympathize slightly with the desire to control the volume of traffic. Gas/convenience stores have a large volume of traffic. EV charging is slower, more like a restaurant.

Anybody been near lately?

I just noticed Tesla’s site says Q2 2022. Has this been the case since E-town reappeared earlier this year? I hope we don’t have to wait that long. My guess would be supply chain issues.
Yes. It’s been Q2 2022 since it popped up earlier this year. But only after it was stated to be “coming soon” for the past 4 years, before disappearing altogether for a few months.