Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Mitchell, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
supercharge.info

fourm.supercharge.info user Duncana28 posted pictures of a Supercharger under construction behind the Hot Head Burritos located at 3497 Valley Plaza Pkwy, Fort Wright, KY 41017.

Supercharger - Fort Wright, KY

Attachments

• 1706932517254.png
    1706932517254.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped by today.
8 chargers. I will stop by and take more detailed pictures in the next few days.

Seems there almost any amenity a traveller could want within walking distance. Except for a coffee place (no Starbucks).

Half the chargers were blocked around noon, by a pickup truck towing a minivan. I believe the truck had a flat tire. Since they are not active I guess no harm no foul. But I suspect these may be blocked more by others as the Tire Discounters parking lot is always very full and not easy for a vehicle with a trailer to maneuver.

Reactions: vanjwilson
I don't know Cincinnati geography that well, but Google Maps, the Tesla Find Us page, and the Tesla phone app all agree in saying this location is in Fort Mitchell, KY. (Not in the car nav yet.)

I'm going to update this thread's title. Someone has already updated the pin over on suercharge.info.
Very odd, this supercharger is definitely located in Fort Wright, KY. Fort Mitchell is to the West.

Attachments

• IMG_2502.jpeg
    IMG_2502.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 10
The Post Office covers a large area and is called "Ft. Mitchell". In lots of address books/tools they mismark the area based on the post office and not actual city boundaries. There are many smaller cities in Northern Kentucky, and this is definitely in the city of Ft. Wright (Fort Wright). However, it shares a very large border with Ft. Mitchell.

• Informative
Very odd, this supercharger is definitely located in Fort Wright, KY. Fort Mitchell is to the West.

The Post Office covers a large area and is called "Ft. Mitchell". In lots of address books/tools they mismark the area based on the post office and not actual city boundaries. There are many smaller cities in Northern Kentucky, and this is definitely in the city of Ft. Wright (Fort Wright). However, it shares a very large border with Ft. Mitchell.

I believe all of you, but now we need to convince Tesla to update the name in their nav/Find Us. We try to keep the threads in sync with what they call the superchargers.

Assuming the weather forecast doesn't get any worse, I'll actually be passing through Cincinnati on Sunday on the way to see the eclipse, and I'll probably charge here.

Reactions: Vol16 and hugenbdd
I have confirmed with my own eyes that the "Fort Mitchell" supercharger is in fact in Fort Wright, KY. My wife and I drove up to southeastern Indiana for the eclipse tomorrow, and we stopped there to charge.

The restaurant at the other end of the little shopping center in front of the Fort Mitchell charger clearly proclaims its Fort Wright address.
bbq-ft-wright-at-ft-mitchell.jpg

Charging screen showing my car in that same shopping center. Notice the map label in the lower right says "Fort Wright, KY"
fort-mitchell-charging-screen.jpg

I have confirmed with my own eyes that the "Fort Mitchell" supercharger is in fact in Fort Wright, KY. My wife and I drove up to southeastern Indiana for the eclipse tomorrow, and we stopped there to charge.

The restaurant at the other end of the little shopping center in front of the Fort Mitchell charger clearly proclaims its Fort Wright address.
View attachment 1036593

Charging screen showing my car in that same shopping center. Notice the map label in the lower right says "Fort Wright, KY"
View attachment 1036594
I’ll try to reach out to Tesla Charging - I’d say this is a weird situation. May make sense to leave the thread name as is until we hear from Tesla OR they change it? Would avoid confusion.

I’ll try to reach out to Tesla Charging - I’d say this is a weird situation. May make sense to leave the thread name as is until we hear from Tesla OR they change it? Would avoid confusion.
There was a similar situation with the Norcross, GA supercharger. Businesses on either side of it had the same zip code but different city names. In this case, the Frisch’s says one, Great Clips says the other. They’re unlikely to change it and it doesn’t make much difference.

• Informative