Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger History - Leased Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my car today and am still waiting on a home charger install, so my 'getting to know the car' trip was to a local Supercharger. I have previously set up a payment card in my Tesla account, and the charging went to plan. Nice and quick, plenty of bays available, etc.

When I'd finished, the car indicated that the charging session cost me some number of pounds. (I see some people suggesting charging is free on first day, but that didn't seem the case here - unless I don't ever get a bill I suppose)

Anyway, when I got home I wanted to check what I had been charged but I can't find the history anywhere.

I phoned Tesla who informed me I should check my online account, and on the Manage pages there's a 'History'.

As a company car, which is provided via a Lease Company, I don't have a 'Manage' page - when I informed the lady this she said - Yes, Sorry. As a Lease Car driver you get a limited account, so you won't be able to see the history.

This is bonkers.

Am I not legally entitled to a receipt for my transaction?!

Anyone know other ways to get hold of this info

I lease mine, and I can see the charge history. It took a while for the account to get set up, and you might find it resolved in a day or two.

They did change what a lease customer saw in the My Account section of the Tesla website a few months back. Specifically, I can no longer see my car there.

Reactions: Pilotpem
I got my car today and am still waiting on a home charger install, so my 'getting to know the car' trip was to a local Supercharger. I have previously set up a payment card in my Tesla account, and the charging went to plan. Nice and quick, plenty of bays available, etc.

When I'd finished, the car indicated that the charging session cost me some number of pounds. (I see some people suggesting charging is free on first day, but that didn't seem the case here - unless I don't ever get a bill I suppose)

Anyway, when I got home I wanted to check what I had been charged but I can't find the history anywhere.

I phoned Tesla who informed me I should check my online account, and on the Manage pages there's a 'History'.

As a company car, which is provided via a Lease Company, I don't have a 'Manage' page - when I informed the lady this she said - Yes, Sorry. As a Lease Car driver you get a limited account, so you won't be able to see the history.

This is bonkers.

Am I not legally entitled to a receipt for my transaction?!

Anyone know other ways to get hold of this info
It will show up in the car as chargeable but won't appear on your account, at least that's what happened to me on the pickup day first charge session.

The first days charge do seem to be free, but the charge will show on the car screen whilst charging. This is also the case when you have free supercharging via a referral.

With first days charge, as you have found, the charge does not appear in the charge history. But free charges under referral scheme will show, but with a 0 cost and a note on remaining kWh - 400kWh = '1000 miles'.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers folks

@NorfolkMustard the link you sent worked but I can’t for the life of me see how you got to that from the page that I log into.

From the Tesla website, when I log in, I don’t get a ‘Manage’ or a ‘History’ - I seem to just have three links:
Home (which goes to the page with things I don’t own, and also shows my Referral Scheme overview),
Account (on which I can update my address, add a payment card, that sort of thing
Sign Out

Am I missing some options, or is that page accessed from some other location?

3827B13F-C820-4DFE-AD21-FA4BD81AE272.jpeg

Thanks for the answers folks

@NorfolkMustard the link you sent worked but I can’t for the life of me see how you got to that from the page that I log into.

From the Tesla website, when I log in, I don’t get a ‘Manage’ or a ‘History’ - I seem to just have three links:
Home (which goes to the page with things I don’t own, and also shows my Referral Scheme overview),
Account (on which I can update my address, add a payment card, that sort of thing
Sign Out

Am I missing some options, or is that page accessed from some other location?

View attachment 583637

Hi,
I have exactly the same. Have you solved this yet? As I have the same issue