Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LEASE RETURN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Not imminent but when my lease period expires does anyone have any thoughts/experience on the level of assessment of the vehicle by the leasing company ?

I keep the car in good nick but I wondered if they may examine battery usage/charging habits etc ? I do quite often go to 100% charge.

Thanks in advance,

Matt W

I would’ve thought it would be entirely based on their fair wear and tear guidelines, and that’s basically it.

If you were never told how to charge, how often or by which method then they can’t reasonably expect to pull you up on that kind of stuff.

Reactions: Matt W
I handed ours back in July - the lady that picked it up had a quick look round and noted a minor bit of kerbing to the alloy/took a picture of the mileage. Nothing else and definitely no difficult questions - in fact she spent most of the time enjoying the coffee made by the wife.

We were with ZenAuto by the way.

Reactions: Matt W
Thanks for everyone's help. Im going to go with the assumption that the Owner (leasing company) arent that bothered about the condition of the battery on return.
Have a gander at this. It's a couple of years old but should give you a good steer. I don't suppose they'll care about the battery any more than they would about an engine.

Attachments

• BVRLA Fair Wear Tear Guide.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 57