Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hockessin, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does a survey mean "we're building a supercharger" or does it mean " we are seriously considering building a supercharger"?

I love gas station locations without gas pumps, it's like a glimpse into the future. See Vienna, VA.

With the expansive growth in Hockessin over the years, it would be ideal to have at least 8 superchargers there, but I think even 8 would be difficult to squeeze in. Also, I would think that most Hockessinites would have their own Tesla or similar home charger. But who knows? Time will tell.

This is on a pretty heavily traveled route between Wilmington and Lancaster -> Harrisburg. But that Wawa -- yuck. At busy times all the parking spots are in use so I can see these being ICEd a lot -- like the ones at the Wawa in Brookside south of Newark.

This is on a pretty heavily traveled route between Wilmington and Lancaster -> Harrisburg. But that Wawa -- yuck. At busy times all the parking spots are in use so I can see these being ICEd a lot -- like the ones at the Wawa in Brookside south of Newark.
There are 51 parking spots including 3 ADA surrounding that building. Is there room for 51 people inside at once?

Does a survey mean "we're building a supercharger" or does it mean " we are seriously considering building a supercharger"?

I love gas station locations without gas pumps, it's like a glimpse into the future. See Vienna, VA.
It means we are considering building a supercharger here if the necessary infrastructure is in place and our findings don't scare the landlord away. This means first and foremost power. But also they need to count parking spaces, see where the equipment with go and how many spaces it will take and if the reduced number of spaces meets city/county guidelines. Then they need to see if the site owner is ok with giving up 9-10 parking spaces over to EV charging only.

With it being almost 2 years since that initial site survey, I'd lean towards this site not happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl
Now that we have new 12 stall v3 in Wilmington, DE - Limestone Rd. which opened like 3 weeks ago, very slim chance this will become a reality.
While I agree that this site is unlikely for reasons stated above, the "theres other chargers nearby" reason doesnt work. 12 stalls will be nothing when every EV can charge at a Supercharger. Tesla needs to rapidly expand and that means sites nearby existing sites.

Reactions: Acps110
There are 51 parking spots including 3 ADA surrounding that building. Is there room for 51 people inside at once?

I used to live in that area and yeah, all the spots around the store are often full. If you look at google sat view you can see how busy it can be.

1710009724809.png