Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Melbourne, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

8 V3 stalls coming soon the Wawa at 4429 W Eau Gallie Blvd in Melbourne. Permit issued July 29th and no inspections completed yet.

Melbourne FL.jpg

No change in status as of Monday (21-Feb). This location appears to be in the same state as several others in Central Florida. I believe they are all served by Florida Power & Light. Perhaps Tesla is having issues with FPL paperwork (FPL makes it difficult with home solar installs). Also, this is the time of year FPL does a lot of maintenance in order to be ready for Hurricane Season.

Reactions: jjcyr
If you look at nearly all the Supercharger sites across Florida right now you can see they are all at about the same point of completion. Most are only missing the power meter and final Tesla commissioning. The sites span several different electric power companies (FPL, TECO, OUC, etc.) so it is probably not a power company issue. My guess is Tesla may be waiting on all of them to be completed and then commission them all together in a short span of time. I think commissioning is done by Tesla personnel so they may be trying to have one commissioning team tour all the sites sequentially to be efficient as possible with people and time.