Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Miami, FL - SW 24th St. (Coral Gables)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Added on Supercharge Info. Thanks Larry!
You're very welcome.

By the way, I've attempted to somewhat clean up the Confirmed Supercharger locations in Florida thread to make it easier for the Supercharge.info folks to figure out which posts are documenting an actual confirmed Supercharger versus speculating about one.

Supercharge.info provides a very valuable service by accumulating and intelligently displaying vast amounts of Supercharger information. It's very important that they receive truly authenticated information from us.

Larry

Reactions: Chuq
6182E0DE-1E6C-4BBD-8BB0-AA7986CA67B3.jpeg
I visited this location today. It already has FPL connected although the pedestals remains covered. I post a photo of the meter, making me think we only are waiting for Tesla final checkout and removal of the pedestal,covers. The installation is complete.

3DBACE53-A2FF-49D2-AE20-C08C2A63FC95.jpeg
28237690-9649-461B-BC08-817711F2DE7B.jpeg
6F8E3404-D5AF-4F34-9B26-55400790A8A1.jpeg
C82D8289-7E7D-46D6-AD78-BF6224468F73.jpeg
6182E0DE-1E6C-4BBD-8BB0-AA7986CA67B3.jpeg

Despite being very close to Coral Gables, as are all three downtown Miami Brickell locations, I am not sure that this one is the long-awaited Coral Gables location. There are two large commercial developments now in construction within Coral Gables itself. Both are being provisioned for EV charging but it is not yet evident what providers will be included. Brickell City Center, with two Supercharger installations also has J1172 banks as well. We probably will only know what a Tesla Chargers will be installed in these two projects but we jay be assured there will be some in both.

I visited this location today. It already has FPL connected although the pedestals remains covered. I post a photo of the meter, making me think we only are waiting for Tesla final checkout and removal of the pedestal,covers. The installation is complete.
I think you might have been bamboozled. I don't think the pedestals are installed yet. Look at the bottom of those bags in the pictures you posted. You can see wooden blocks/forms and conduit sticking up through the concrete base. If the pedestals were in, you'd be able to see the bottoms of them. Looks like still a ways to go yet.

I think you might have been bamboozled. I don't think the pedestals are installed yet. Look at the bottom of those bags in the pictures you posted. You can see wooden blocks/forms and conduit sticking up through the concrete base. If the pedestals were in, you,d be able to see the bottoms of them. Looks like still a ways to go yet.
Not bamboozled. The pedestals are visible when one lifts the plastic bags attached to the wood frames that now cover them. I could not take a photo of that since it took both hands to look. You might notice that the electrical meter is connected, which is most unlikely unless the pedestals are in place. At least two other locations I have seen have had the pedestals bagged after installation prior to official activation by Tesla.

View attachment 467166 I visited this location today. It already has FPL connected although the pedestals remains covered. I post a photo of the meter, making me think we only are waiting for Tesla final checkout and removal of the pedestal,covers. The installation is complete.

Despite being very close to Coral Gables, as are all three downtown Miami Brickell locations, I am not sure that this one is the long-awaited Coral Gables location. There are two large commercial developments now in construction within Coral Gables itself. Both are being provisioned for EV charging but it is not yet evident what providers will be included. Brickell City Center, with two Supercharger installations also has J1172 banks as well. We probably will only know what a Tesla Chargers will be installed in these two projects but we jay be assured there will be some in both.
Hi JC,

Thanks for the photos.
Are there only 7 charging terminals, or is one not shown in your photo?
When you get a chance, I'd like to see a photo of the Supercharger Cabinets. If there are two big ones, we can be pretty sure this is a version 3 installation. If there are 4 conventional cabinets, then it's a version 2 installation.

Larry

Not bamboozled. The pedestals are visible when one lifts the plastic bags attached to the wood frames that now cover them. I could not take a photo of that since it took both hands to look. You might notice that the electrical meter is connected, which is most unlikely unless the pedestals are in place. At least two other locations I have seen have had the pedestals bagged after installation prior to official activation by Tesla.
Well, I'm glad to be wrong then. I've also seen other locations where they were bagged up prior to activation. What I haven't ever seen is the pedestals a couple of inches off the bases.

Hi JC,

Thanks for the photos.
Are there only 7 charging terminals, or is one not shown in your photo?
When you get a chance, I'd like to see a photo of the Supercharger Cabinets. If there are two big ones, we can be pretty sure this is a version 3 installation. If there are 4 conventional cabinets, then it's a version 2 installation.

Larry
There are eight, but one is facing toward the Wawa store. The entirety has a separate Coral Way entrance and exit from the rest of the store and the Superchargers are located so as to minimize any chance of unintentional Icing. I will try to see an uncovered cabinet tomorrow.

Well, I'm glad to be wrong then. I've also seen other locations where they were bagged up prior to activation. What I haven't ever seen is the pedestals a couple of inches off the bases.
Today I went back to Wawa and noticed to my dismay that there are no pedestals, just wood blocks with plastic covers. On the surface it looks just like yesterday but I found a duty manager who offered some details. He was clearly not knowledgeable about anything even vaguely electrical. However, late yesterday there were ‘several trucks and a Tesla out there”. He said that he had been told they would be finished “probably next week”.

I cannot say what that means, if anything. The only proven fact is that the electrical installation is complete and has consumed power. Still, there are no pedestals installed now. @mociaf9 was perfectly correct after all. I was indeed bamboozled.

Hi, I'm new here. Any chance this will be open by Christmas? Will be staying nearby, the next closest charger will be in Homestead.
Welcome to the forum. Yes, that's certainly possible. But the truth of supercharger builds is that they are unpredictable, so it could also not be open at the end of the year. If you're watching this thread you'll get notifications of any updates on progress. As for options if the Gables supercharger isn't open yet, don't forget that there are other options besides just superchargers. You can find L2 charging stations in the area you'll be staying in on Plugshare.

Hi, I'm new here. Any chance this will be open by Christmas? Will be staying nearby, the next closest charger will be in Homestead.
Depending on where you will stay there are already several other Superchargers operational right now within 20 minutes or so of the Wawa.

there are four Superchargers in Miami proper. One in Wynwood, one in Aventura, three (3!) in Brickell.

There are also CHAdeMO, if you have an adapter) at Pinecrest at a very peasant park. Coral Gables city parking locations all have fairly fast L2:which are convenient if you want to visit, say, Giralda Avenue, Miracle Mile or other Central Business District locations. The Coral Gables Hyatt also has several Tesla Destination Chargers.

There are lots of options equally convenient and much more pleasant than is the Wawa location. Of course if you’re in a hurry and are traveling on Florida’s Turnpike or the Palmetto (SR826) the Wawa location will be hard to beat.

Thanks @jbcarioca, very helpful. I will be staying with in-laws and just looking to supplement trickle charging from their garage. I don't know the area at all, but looking at the map, their home is in an area labelled Pinecrest which is somewhat south of Coral Gables anyway. It's 700 miles from Atlanta, so I will be visiting many Florida chargers and the way down and back!

Thanks @jbcarioca, very helpful. I will be staying with in-laws and just looking to supplement trickle charging from their garage. I don't know the area at all, but looking at the map, their home is in an area labelled Pinecrest which is somewhat south of Coral Gables anyway. It's 700 miles from Atlanta, so I will be visiting many Florida chargers and the way down and back!
The Village of Pinecrest Municipal Center at 12645 Pinecrest Pkwy Pinecrest, FL 33156 has a Tesla Wall Connector that is available to the public.

Larry

Thanks @jbcarioca, very helpful. I will be staying with in-laws and just looking to supplement trickle charging from their garage. I don't know the area at all, but looking at the map, their home is in an area labelled Pinecrest..,
Great! Pinecrest Gardens has a Tesla Destination charger and a CHAdeMO in a very pleasant park which also houses the Pinecrest Library. The ones at the Village Offices are right beside a McDonald’s and Saffron Indian Restaurant, probably the best one in the area.

There are several others nearby. I am in Pinecrest every time I’m visiting my Tesla which lives on Coral Gables. PM me if you want more details.