Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Possibly a very stupid question but how do you pay at a supercharger? When I picked my Model 3 up a couple of weeks ago there wasn't much charge so I went via Hopwood Park to charge on my way home - I asked the guys in the Tesla delivery centre before I left how I set up payment and they said just to plug in and the instructions would come up on screen. Anyway, charged successfuly but nothing came up re payment.

Same story at Gordano this week. I don't have a card set up on my account to my knowledge (lease car so Tesla don't have my bank details).

Any ideas?

Welcome

Your delivery-day supercharging is almost certainly free, it's not even recorded in your account

If you used a referral code, you also get 1000 miles (400kWh) free after that.

After that, you then get charged to your tesla account - if you bought the car yourself, Tesla will use the card you paid your deposit with automatically. You get charged a second or two after you disconnect the cable at the end of each charge.

Hi,

Possibly a very stupid question but how do you pay at a supercharger? When I picked my Model 3 up a couple of weeks ago there wasn't much charge so I went via Hopwood Park to charge on my way home - I asked the guys in the Tesla delivery centre before I left how I set up payment and they said just to plug in and the instructions would come up on screen. Anyway, charged successfuly but nothing came up re payment.

Same story at Gordano this week. I don't have a card set up on my account to my knowledge (lease car so Tesla don't have my bank details).

Any ideas?
Should be charged to a card on your account which is usually the card you used for your deposit. I believe if there is no card you will be billed at your next service visit but I can’t verify that information

I have been wondering about this as well because im in the same boat. The car is leased through drive electric and obviously they ordered the car and from what i understand they ordered them all in the MD's name.

I have done quite a bit of super charging and never been charged for it so far, it shows a value as im charging but after ive left and go back to the charge screen it shows where the last super charger session was and £0 charge.

DE messed up my order so never used the referral code i gave them but I was told by Tesla a referral code was used on the order of my car so I wonder if they ordered them all on the same account and we are all eating our way though big pile a free miles. I'm not sure if i should just leave it and see how long it goes on for or contact the lease company.

So when I log into the app on my phone I can obviously see my car and use the phone as a key etc. If I log on to my account on a desktop there’s no car there. Should there be?
Sure you're logging into the same account online as in the tesla app? (it is the tesla app, and not an app provided by your lease company?)

In the Tesla App, tap the cog top-left, at the bottom of that Settings page it will tell you what account you're logged in as.

Sure you're logging into the same account online as in the tesla app? (it is the tesla app, and not an app provided by your lease company?)

In the Tesla App, tap the cog top-left, at the bottom of that Settings page it will tell you what account you're logged in as.
Yes it’s definitely the Tesla app. When I tap the cog as you describe, the same email address as I’m using to log in on the desktop comes up. When I picked the car up it was registered to the lease company. It took a week or so for the app to work (prior to that it just said no Tesla products registered to this account). App works fine now. It’s all a bit odd...

This shows what I see on the app compared to the desktop. Am I in the wrong place?

Attachments

• 5AF5BDEE-E617-488A-8FD1-FE758B2D9D07.png
    5AF5BDEE-E617-488A-8FD1-FE758B2D9D07.png
    827.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 52418127-A436-44EF-AED1-4FD75A3CF893.png
    52418127-A436-44EF-AED1-4FD75A3CF893.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
Mine is exactly the same, must be an option Tesla have for lease cars. There is also no referral code for us to give out and not lootbox icon in the app.

When i logged a service centre appointment with Tesla they have the car registered in the lease companies name not mine.
This must be a massive issue as the majority of cars being delivered now are fleet cars. Lease company say account is in my name and not theirs. Tempted just to leave it be but don’t want to end up stranded unable to charge.

This must be a massive issue as the majority of cars being delivered now are fleet cars. Lease company say account is in my name and not theirs. Tempted just to leave it be but don’t want to end up stranded unable to charge.

I guess Im going to find out soon if its just 1000 free miles from them using a referral code because ive charged nearly 400kW at super chargers. I asked the delivery guy about it when I picked up the car and he said you can run up about £500 bill for super charging, if that true then hopefully you wont get stuck.

Mine is exactly the same, must be an option Tesla have for lease cars. There is also no referral code for us to give out and not lootbox icon in the app.

When i logged a service centre appointment with Tesla they have the car registered in the lease companies name not mine.
Not being nasty but I don't know why it would surprise you that the car is in the lease companies name in terms of the registered owner of the car - they own the car, that's how a lease works.

They should not be telling you that the "account is in your name" though.