Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pinellas Park, FL [Now Operational]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are these?

upload_2017-7-26_11-47-33.png

Reactions: yak-55
"stand or wait around idly or without apparent purpose."

The want people spending money at the convenience store. They can maximize that with higher throughput than EVs would offer. So I can see why they could think of EV owners as potential loiterers

But, EVs might make up for the space with higher ratio of purchases due to the longer stops. That's more likely where there's an oversized lot. Just put the chargers out of the way of the people with a need for speed.

You disagree with me but then make my point...

• Funny
Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Pinellas Park, FL

Interstates: None
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-19, US-92

Ocala, FL (I-275,I-75,FL-200): 110 miles
Brandon, FL (I-275,I-4,FL-618,I-75): 28.5 miles
Sarasota, FL (I-275,I-75): 43.5 miles
Funny, this Pinellas Park location is less than a mile from I275...I don't even think it's as much as a quarter mile from the exit...

Funny, this Pinellas Park location is less than a mile from I275...I don't even think it's as much as a quarter mile from the exit...

I deliberately haven't included Interstate spurs in my Supercharger posts because I'm really focused on Tesla's "completion" of coverage to enable long-distance driving. Spurs are usually local connectors. Ironically, I live in Maine where I-295 saves distance, time and tolls.

Pinellas Supercharger cabinets and switchgear..JPG

I've seen photos of the 4 Supercharger cabinets (white boxes on the left) and the switchgear cabinets (grey boxes on the right) in this photo taken by a club member on August 5th.

Has anyone seen the utility power transformer?

I'm guessing that it might be going in the red rectangle below.

Pinellas wawa tesla.JPG

Can anybody confirm?

Larry

Last edited:
View attachment 240721 Sorry for the sideways photo. They had a dealer plated MX on site, it looks like it's almost ready to go!

Moderator note: Thanks Mike I corrected the photo orientation.
If that dealer MX was a black one I was driving by and saw a guy getting into that car and asked him through my window if he had plugged in yet and he said not ready yet but probably in the next two days it should be ready. Hyped!