Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Raton, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi from Colorado!

I'm looking forward to Raton, Wagon Mound, and Las Vegas for my drives from Denver. When I drove down for the Balloon Fiesta last fall the strong headwind made Trinidad to Las Vegas a bit tricky in my aging S 75D. I ended up panic-stopping in Wagon Mound and using my CCS adapter with the EA charger there for a few minutes just to be sure. Worked well, but highway robbery on the price and that place sucks for ameninities. Now I just finished a drive between Denver and Dallas for the total eclipse and while Clayton helps, it's still a long way between Clayton and Trinidad for my range that Raton would help. I'm planning on driving down again in the fall and hoping they make progress on these.

I spoke to a guy who's in charge of Superchargers in the area at the Buc-ee's opening in Johnstown, CO last month. I mentioned these and he said that one of the problems they're having is working with the rural electric cooperatives and the power companies on these and that the progress is really slow as a result, so he pushed out the projected completion to 2025 and wasn't really sure.

Not sure about gonvernment funding for these, but in CO, 11 new locations were just revealed from government grants on 4/9, so maybe that means progress.