Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Raton, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Raton, NM

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Conoco
Along Primary Interstates: I-25
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-64, US-85, US-87
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-25/US-85

To: Trinidad, CO - 20.6 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Pueblo, CO - 108.5 miles

US-64

To: Clayton, NM - 81.7 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Perry, OK (v2) - 465.6 miles

US-87

To: Trinidad, CO - 20.6 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Pueblo, CO - 108.5 miles

Pathetic Splitter! On I-25 splits 124.2 miles, 104.4 miles from Las Vegas, NM and 20.6 miles to Trinidad, CO.
However, the gap is also better split by Wagon Mound, NM.

Reactions: L3X1 and AudreyHTX1
So these are Locate Request tickets which as far as I can determine are the way in NM to notify and determine underground resources when excavation is expected at a given site.

There are a bunch of locations we’ve heard of from these locate requests: all the Blake’s Lotaburger sites, these two Conoco sites, the Encino site (Bowlin's Flying C Ranch/Exxon on I-70).

Just curious if some additional permit shows up on record before construction begins. The locate request doesn’t seem like a permit yet.

For the Milan NM installation which is now wrapping up, an electrical permit was found dated after the excavation part of the installation had already started. Supercharger - Milan, NM

Last edited:
Reactions: Tectonic
So these are Locate Request tickets which as far as I can determine are the way in NM to notify and determine underground resources when excavation is expected at a given site.

There are a bunch of locations we’ve heard of from these locate requests: all the Blake’s Lotaburger sites, these two Conoco sites, the Encino site (Bowlin's Flying C Ranch/Exxon on I-70).

Just curious if some additional permit shows up on record before construction begins. The locate request doesn’t seem like a permit yet.

For the Milan NM installation which is now wrapping up, an electrical permit was found dated after the excavation part of the installation had already started. Supercharger - Milan, NM

Yeah, contrary to the “hype”, I’m not convinced that sites like this are a done deal. Tesla recently did sIte surveys of some kind for 5 different sites around Farmington, NM - clearly they aren’t planning to build them all. And no sign of the Blake’s sites getting built yet. Anyway, I hope they do build Raton and Wagon Mound and Las Vegas soon, but I’m skeptical…

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
I like it when someone finds a permit that has a drawing of the actual layout/design.

One encouraging thing is that a Blake’s Lotaburger site is just down the street from the new Tesla service center in Bernalillo. Hopefully that will encourage building it sooner rather than later.

Just drove by this location. Found a backhoe sitting on a freshly cleared pad of dirt behind Helen's Gift Shop. Backhoe was on the northeast edge of the Conoco parking lot. Maybe unrelated, but if this is in fact the construction site they appear to have begun this project.
20230805_122755.jpg

20230805_123040.jpg

20230805_122622.jpg

20230805_122629.jpg

20230805_122924.jpg

A lot of these New Mexico sites with found locate tickets have not done anything for a long while.

When we went by this site we tried to speculate where chargers would go - it’s a head scratcher. DH thought maybe near the street in that gravel area next to the sidewalk.

Maybe. I think we are seeing a side effect of how early a locate request is in the process.

There have been several critical NM locations under construction or completed recently. Milan near Grants Pass is complete as is Socorro. Las Cruces is under construction, chargers installed but waiting on the parking lot and building to complete. Yeah I know, still lots of catching up to do.

One of these years I’m hoping for a Roswell NM supercharger.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamieorc