Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lordsburg, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• 1706237238042.png
    1706237238042.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 112
  • 1706237264954.png
    1706237264954.png
    765.1 KB · Views: 29
Lordsburg, NM

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Valero
Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-70
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Deming, NM (v2) - 60.8 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Las Cruces, NM - 116.9 miles

US-70

To: Deming, NM (v2) - 61.6 miles
Diversion: 1.3 miles
To: Las Cruces, NM - 118.6 miles

Splitter! On I-10, splits 134 miles, 73.9 miles from Willcox, AZ, 60.8 miles ot Deming, NM. This is the #8 Interstate gap.
Not only that but it's a V3 between V2s.

Lordsburg, NM

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Valero
Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-70
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Deming, NM (v2) - 60.8 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Las Cruces, NM - 116.9 miles

US-70

To: Deming, NM (v2) - 61.6 miles
Diversion: 1.3 miles
To: Las Cruces, NM - 118.6 miles

Splitter! On I-10, splits 134 miles, 73.9 miles from Willcox, AZ, 60.8 miles ot Deming, NM. This is the #8 Interstate gap.
Not only that but it's a V3 between V2s.
Didn't realize it was that high on the list, but I instinctively got excited when I saw this pop on sc.info! The must-stop in Deming was getting old (especially being a diversion off the highway), but with v3s in Lordsburg and Las Cruces, I will probably be skipping it from now on.

On previous trips I've always stopped at the Love's at the exit on the west side of town, so I'm not familiar with this one. Looks like a couple local restaurants and some budget motels nearby. Not great, but Lordsburg doesn't have a whole lot to offer.

Didn't realize it was that high on the list, but I instinctively got excited when I saw this pop on sc.info! The must-stop in Deming was getting old (especially being a diversion off the highway), but with v3s in Lordsburg and Las Cruces, I will probably be skipping it from now on.

On previous trips I've always stopped at the Love's at the exit on the west side of town, so I'm not familiar with this one. Looks like a couple local restaurants and some budget motels nearby. Not great, but Lordsburg doesn't have a whole lot to offer.

Yes, my brain also immediately said Splitter! I already had it as a potential location on my gaps worksheet.

Reactions: laiod and Tyl
The weather in NM changes, and is harsh. Wind, cold, heat, stormy, 4250 elevation in Lordsburg NM. I’d been looking at alternatives along I-10 in Lordsburg NM should the need arise. I wasn’t looking forward to level 2 charging at the Ford dealership (Blink) or Electrify America; so having this one at the Circle K will be great, once built! Here’s wishing it’s a fast build. Splitters are needed, may there be many more.

The weather in NM changes, and is harsh. Wind, cold, heat, stormy, 4250 elevation in Lordsburg NM. I’d been looking at alternatives along I-10 in Lordsburg NM should the need arise. I wasn’t looking forward to level 2 charging at the Ford dealership (Blink) or Electrify America; so having this one at the Circle K will be great, once built! Here’s wishing it’s a fast build. Splitters are needed, may there be many more.
The EA station at the Lordsburg NM Chevron is very conveniently located, with easy on/off access to the I-10 and I've used it many times. It has 24/7 access to washrooms, snacks, and air. I have never had a problem finding a working post there.

Having said that, the upcoming SC station will be close to restaurants and that's a plus. It's also a very a convenient location for on/off access to the I-10.

Apparently there are plans for an EVGO station at the Lordsburg Flying J with 24/7 access to washrooms and a Denny's restaurant.

Reactions: Tyl
Photos of the plans.
It’s needed, major splitter.
They may begin work at about the 180 day mark. That seems about the time it takes to get things started.

Attachments

• IMG_7721.jpeg
    IMG_7721.jpeg
    496 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7723.jpeg
    IMG_7723.jpeg
    720.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7722.jpeg
    IMG_7722.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
FWIW I drove through the lot yesterday and didn't see anything. Looked like a tiny lot so I'm kind of skeptical about this one. At least assuming I am understanding correctly and it's going in at the back of the Circle K property.

But yeah, this would be a nice splitter, especially considering both Willcox and Deming are v2s.
From MarcoRPi's site plans on X, it looks like the Lordsburg Supercharger will be going at the very back (east side) of the Circle K property on what is now a dirt lot. I did a site survey video which should be embedded in the replies further up this thread...