Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Mateo, CA - Hillsdale Boulevard (LIVE 5 Jan 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Tesla is planning to build a 12-stall V3 Supercharger at Laurelwood Shopping Center in San Mateo

Found a fresh new permit from Tesla for the installation of 3 cabinets for 12 stalls at 1308 Hillsdale Blvd, at Laurelwood Shopping Center, just across from some former SolarCity offices. The permit was applied for less than a month ago so it will still be a while before we see some construction. Will add on Supercharge Info!

CSS

33FAC05E-E8CD-4933-85A6-E9E9141C1555.jpeg

This is great news, Laurelwood is just off of the 92 only minutes away from the 280.

Lot can get a bit crowded at times (pre COVID).

A great grocery store called Piazzas is there, along with a few food spots, I including burgers, sushi, Mexican, chinese, etc.

Reactions: Altes
Looking forward to this one, it will require getting through less traffic to reach and be much faster than the others in San Mateo, which are well-used because of their convenient locations (I imagine this one will be as well). The City of San Mateo has gone through this before so hopefully the permit and construction process is fairly painless. Just checked the City of San Mateo website because it's been over a month from the original post and two months since the permit application, the status is unchanged since the original application.

on the one hand, this is a very easy access location with a lot of great retail (at least there was, not sure if covid has taken any of that out) on the OTHER hand, this is a very easy access and high TRAFFIC'D corridor, the 92 and next to 101 or maybe 280, probably one of the highest traffic cross peninsula roads so this could be a high use station for ride sharing drivers or commuters. With the placement in the parking lot it could quickly become and issue if Tesla drivers start to pile up. We'll see. There is another location on the peninsula here in San Carlos in the very larger Best Buy and Kohls retail and parking lot and I'm always AMAZED that it will often say 20 or 20 stalls in use, and when I drive by on the 101, I look over the wall at the SC there and there are always a lot of cars charging.

Site looks almost complete except for the PG&E transformer (which of course could be either days or months away from being installed, that is outside of Tesla’s control). A little bit of re-paving still to do. This site went from no sign of construction to near completion in just about 20 days. Nice work!

View attachment 602327 View attachment 602328
You beat me to it! Just home a shopping trip and from taking similar photos! Let’s hope they can get the last bit done at the same pace (hoping for a miracle!)

Job site looks close to complete with the exception of the PGE pad mount transformer. The pad is sitting prepared but empty. It’s frustrating seeing them build this so quickly only to sit and wait for PGE. We’re looking forward to this opening as Piazza’s is our go to local grocery. Looking forward to charging while shopping.

Waiting for PG&E to do their thing. The workers that were there today, were installing 4 additional EV chargers, unrelated to the Tesla chargers. Any bets on being up and running by Thanks Giving? Maybe Christmas? Oh well, it’s not like we are really going anywhere, anytime soon.

This should be be the best of 3 super charging stations, once it does open. No complaints hear. None.