Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mountain View, CA - 1049 El Monte Ave (under construction, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found construction on a new supercharger in Mountain View CA on El Monte Av! The power cabinets seem to be installed already with construction started on the supercharger stalls just beginning.

Attachments

• PXL_20240308_221708993.jpg
    PXL_20240308_221708993.jpg
    861.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Guacahummus and wws
The post linked below prompted me to do a permit search.
Description: BLDG23-650: COMM T.I. INSTALL NEW EV CHARGING STATIONS, (1)SWITCHBOARD, (3) AC-DC CABINETS, AND ASSESSIBLE PARKING LOT MODIFICATIONS (LANDLORD IMPROVEMENT)

Project Address: 1049 EL MONTE AV

Google street view has been recently updated, showing the Supercharger construction near the entrance.

View attachment 1026948
I hadn't yet seen this thread, so imagine my shock when I was waiting on the road here to turn right into the parking lot, glance to my right and see three white Supercharger cabinets staring right back at me! This will be the closest Supercharger to home by travel distance (not that I supercharge near home anyways), though by travel time I could probably hop on the freeway and get to the Cupertino Target one a bit faster...

Hope it gets constructed quickly - so that it can wait a year+ for a transformer like the other four new sites nearby....

Reactions: Tyl
I hadn't yet seen this thread, so imagine my shock when I was waiting on the road here to turn right into the parking lot, glance to my right and see three white Supercharger cabinets staring right back at me! This will be the closest Supercharger to home by travel distance (not that I supercharge near home anyways), though by travel time I could probably hop on the freeway and get to the Cupertino Target one a bit faster...

Hope it gets constructed quickly - so that it can wait a year+ for a transformer like the other four new sites nearby....

It would be interesting to see what will be the layout of the stalls, if the trench work already started.
On the west side, there are currently five slots, then a little peninsula with a tree, and then another six slots.

I wonder if the area in the left with five slots would be converted into a four slots,
with the one in the middle who would be the easiest to pak in reverse, to be an ADA slot taking two slots?

Also, I wonder if the little peninsula with a tree in the middle will be saved, or removed as it is often the case?
Or would there be some slots in the center area or along the separation wall on the south,
considering that in the case of the Cybertruck, providing an easy way to manoeuver would become more critical?

Supercharger - Mountain View, CA - 1049 El Monte Ave - Aerial View .jpg

Supercharger - Mountain View, CA - 1049 El Monte Ave - Parking Area .jpg

It would be interesting to see what will be the layout of the stalls, if the trench work already started.
On the west side, there are currently five slots, then a little peninsula with a tree, and then another six slots.

I wonder if the area in the left with five slots would be converted into a four slots,
with the one in the middle who would be the easiest to pak in reverse, to be an ADA slot taking two slots?

Also, I wonder if the little peninsula with a tree in the middle will be saved, or removed as it is often the case?
Or would there be some slots in the center area or along the separation wall on the south,
considering that in the case of the Cybertruck, providing an easy way to manoeuver would become more critical?

View attachment 1029376

View attachment 1029377
I have to honestly admit that though I've frequented the Chipotle, Panera and other food on the other end of this shopping complex, I've never visited this bagel shop nor the CVS, and have entirely never realized there was a parking area over here! My guess is that all 12 will be in one row, either along the street or along the stucco wall, as my guess is only retail employees ever use those spots. And they'll keep the island parking spots for the bagel shop, as there are few spots directly in front of the store itself.

Anyways, I thought the Cybertruck was highly maneuverable for tight turns with the rear wheel steering?

EDIT: On closer inspection of the first photo, looks like they already sited the supercharger cabinets, and have studs for at least some of the the pedestals already. Though I can't tell exactly which side of the parking lot it is. But I think what I'm seeing is the street side, and that they bulldozed the little peninsula separating the five stalls from the seven stalls (thus moving that trash can from the peninsula to the curb). So I think they will evenly re-stripe for 12 evenly spaced slots along the street, slightly wider with the peninsula gone....

Last edited:
Reactions: Watts_Up