Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Stafford, VA - Austin Ridge Dr (Buc-ee's)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anthony R.

Supporting Member
On Feburary 28, 2024, Buc-ee's submitted an application for a Conditional Use Permit for their third planned Virginia location. In the development plan, it includes a 24-stall Tesla Supercharger. As of 5/21, the application is currently in staff review.

https://staffordcountyva.gov/government/departments_p-z/planning_and_zoning/buc-ee_s_of_stafford.php
Location on Google Maps

Screen Shot 2024-05-27 at 9.27.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-27 at 9.34.04 AM.png

Local News Article
NIMBY's are not happy

Thanks for the information and links, @Anthony R.

It seems like there is a lot of opposition to this Buc-ee's and it may not be approved. I think we should hold off on adding this to supercharge.info for now.
Totally understand. These NIMBY’s should have realized that they bought right next to 95 and that they’re lucky some Fas Mart with slot machines isn’t setting up shop. This would be a mandatory stop while driving to NoVA the once or twice a year I go to the USMC museum and the cemetery or Udvar-Hazy. The traffic will die down after the first several months. Such short sightedness is disappointing.

At least I found while looking this up it appears the delay with New Kent has to do with aligning everything with the I-64 Widening project and diverging Diamond interchange (why it will take 6 years to update an interchange is beyond comprehension) and everyone’s still still onboard and pushing for 2027 opening there.

• Informative
Reactions: corywright