Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Johnsbury, VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. :)
Apropos quote, since Frost lived near here!

I also came by - in daylight - for the shared first! I think @Tdreamer is on his way, but may miss the daylight. Nice to have this one open

Added: #2B got the blue circle but then never started charging. I moved to 1C and everything proceeded normally. (The stalls are unlabeled, but I assume 6th from the left will be 2B and 3rd will be 1C.)

PXL_20221001_210939480.jpg

Last edited:
We are traveling from central Delaware to the Northeast Kingdom VT next week and were debating whether to use our Model 3 LR or Subaru Crosstrek. With this opening up it might change which way we were leaning. Thanks for the updates.
We made it. 9.5 hours total drive. 3 charging stops for about an hour total stoppage time (could have made it in two but wanted to arrive with a high charge). No issues on the drive.

F19BBF1D-9043-43DA-9BEA-BCFA373EFD2C.jpeg

This is the first supercharger I ever used (not surprising it is the closest supercharger to my home that is in the same country, I think Canada has some closer superchargers).

I agree that the choice of an all but dead mall doesn't seem consistent with Tesla's choices of high quality restaurants and still living malls I've seen elsewhere, but the chargers definitely work and it brings coverage to an otherwise underserved area!

Looking north from Browington, VT overlook towards Lake Memphremagog and Canada
Nice picture! It helps that your car is in my favorite color, and we have an Old Town canoe in the family as well...and you have my lake in the shot! (ok, I don't own the lake, but I'm up in newport and Memphremagog is the dominant feature around here!)

I was just in the car planning a trip to the border - in car nav shows St J temp closure, 15 min wait at West Lebanon.

The Mall owner that hosts the St J supercharger is renting parking spaces for eclipse watching. Dunno whether they've provided access to the supercharger.

Waits are showing at Lincoln NH and West Lebanon superchargers as well, and now Thornton and Ashland. It's a popular travel day!

• Helpful
Reactions: Farmer
The Mall owner that hosts the St J supercharger is renting parking spaces for eclipse watching. Dunno whether they've provided access to the supercharger.

Waits are showing at Lincoln NH and West Lebanon superchargers as well, and now Thornton and Ashland. It's a popular travel day!
My daughter & her husband live in St J and reported that the main roads into and out of town were basically parking lots for part of the day. I imagine that supercharger was hard to get to.

Reactions: kayak1
I was just in the car planning a trip to the border - in car nav shows St J temp closure, 15 min wait at West Lebanon.

This caused me to abort my trip up there. I started on the way hoping that it truly was very temporary and that I'd see a change on the way there but it didn't. I had a CCS adapter with me and knew of a Chrysler dealership in St. Johnsbury with 2 Blink fast chargers but I didn't want to risk it seeing how terrible traffic was (and a good number of other Teslas on the road). Took me 30 minutes to get home from a point that took about an hour and a half to get to and then I watched the eclipse in our back yard at 95% of totality.

I'm a little salty about it still - more superchargers are needed or at least better communication in the navigation system (e.g., reason for closure, estimated time to re-opening, etc.). I also could have planned better, of course!

My daughter & her husband live in St J and reported that the main roads into and out of town were basically parking lots for part of the day. I imagine that supercharger was hard to get to.

I went to St J for totality, the town (& the Fairbanks Museum) did an awesome job. There was lots of parking (though apparently it all filled up), helpful volunteers, food trucks, activities for the kids, loads of porta-potties, a VT Public Radio simulcast - and oh yeah, totality. I heard that they doubled their population but everything ran as smoothly as could be.

Of course there was instant gridlock after totality, but the eastbound routes out of town more or less cleared after about an hour. (I91 traffic was still jammed.) I stopped in Littleton NH for dinner, then blundered into a 24-mile 7.5 hour (!!) drive before NH DOT would let me get off I93 south, below Franconia Notch. Oh well it was worth it!

Tell your daughter & husband their town did a great job. The guy I bought my t-shirt from said "we're doing this next year" and I'll be back! 😁😁

Rolled by the St J Supercharger in our rented RV heading south on 5 at about 7:30pm. Roads were VERY busy, especially by Vermont standards but things were moving. Everyone's NAV was taking them down some pretty crazy side dirt roads to avoid 91 S and it was funny as hell to see the people living on these normally empty (under 50 cars a day type roads) see a non-stop stream of cars that probably lasted 12+ hours into the night.

St. J supercharger looked packed. Didn't want to pull in to check it out as it was a near impossible left turn to get headed back south again out of the lot, but I saw a ton of Tesla's lined up as we crawled by at 15 mph.

I stopped in Littleton NH for dinner, then blundered into a 24-mile 7.5 hour (!!) drive before NH DOT would let me get off I93 south, below Franconia Notch.
I heard the NH State Police closed the highway at Franconia Notch for some reason.

Everyone's NAV was taking them down some pretty crazy side dirt roads to avoid 91 S and it was funny as hell to see the people living on these normally empty (under 50 cars a day type roads) see a non-stop stream of cars that probably lasted 12+ hours into the night.
That was us. I carpooled w/ friends to Newport VT and watched it from the park on the lake. Waze took us back roads through rural VT, getting back on 91S at Wells River (US 302), about halfway from Newport to Norwich VT. We stopped and had a beer before we left Newport at 6pm at it still took 4 hours to get to Norwich, VT (100 miles south).

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer
I was expecting to watch in Burlington, VT, but last minute cloud predictions sent me East, Monday AM. Took an hour to get an SC at Berlin, then tried to get in at St. J, but rapidly gave up. Watched an awesome eclipse up in West Burke. On the way back tried this SC again, only to find myself #47 in the queue. Figured it would take at least 3-4 hours, so went to a nearby slow charger to get enough to return to my hotel in Burlington.

Reactions: Tdreamer