Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Syracuse, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sounded like a bunch of fans running in the remaining tent.

Great that they are making progress. The sound of fans seems to indicate that the chargers are now in place and hooked up. Or maybe I am just dreaming. I would love to have this site operational on April 3rd :confused:

It could also be the sound of some heaters going so that they can pour concrete or pull stiff wire.

Stopped by tonight as I was in the area, not much has changed, but at least that dang pole is gone.

jCQsXe6.jpg

CAhkQjI.jpg

Alright, it looks like some new equipment has arrived, so I guess it will be wired next week. Does anyone know if these stations open BEFORE paving is done? There is no way they can pave in these temps, so unless they open with gravel spots, I'm guessing another month or so at least. The crew is very professional, and since Tesla gave strict instructions NOT to share any details, I didn't push anyone as I don't want to get them in trouble.

While the location isn't ideal from a 'break' perspective, you can see the thruway entrance & toll booths right across the street, so you won't have to waste miles hunting for this station. It also sounds like you will be allowed to use the rest rooms of the hotel.

1wtAtu7.jpg

uKldEXs.jpg

The white cabinets are the Superchargers, Grey are the distribution panels. That means the pads are poured. It won't take much to get them in place and start wiring. I don't think the weather will inhibit paving too much. Probably looking at a week and a half to two weeks.

I just stopped by, a couple of guys were working. Nice on a Saturday! One of the guys was a networking guy, so it looks like they are terminating network cabling. The charger cabinets are still on crates and not mounted. I will get some updated pics tomorrow.

cheers!

Hey Kickin -

Thanks for all the photos and keeping on top of this one. Would like any further confirmation that this crew might be moving on to Buffalo. Encouragement from them would lift spirits here.

Still looking for superchargers to enable our Cleveland to Boston (via I-90) ambitions. Syracuse is good. Buffalo would be a home run!

Any chance they would be online by April 10th? We're driving to Binghamton from Buffalo and it would be nice to top off on the way!
I would like to see the superchargers to be online on April 3rd for my NJ-Barrie trip, but I am afraid that is a stretch. The weather has not been cooperating. And after everything is finished, it still need to be inspected and approved soo...
xrayangiodoc, if you have a 85, you could go Binghamton - Utica, and then Buffalo. Longer but doable. I am going Buffalo - Utica in my P85 on my way back from Barrie if Syracuse is not operational

If no SC by April 10th we will head down to Binghamton from the I-90 at exit 41 via routes 20 and 41 to I-81 to take about 20 miles off the trip compared to going through Syracuse. Cuts miles to 196. Should be just as do-able as going to Utica and there is a HPWC waiting at the Double Tree Binghamton!

If no SC by April 10th we will head down to Binghamton from the I-90 at exit 41 via routes 20 and 41 to I-81 to take about 20 miles off the trip compared to going through Syracuse. Cuts miles to 196. Should be just as do-able as going to Utica and there is a HPWC waiting at the Double Tree Binghamton!

My wife is from Auburn and my son lives in Binghamton so we have taken this route many times and it is a very pleasant drive down next to the lake ( assuming no snow) . We have also stayed at the Doubletree several times and used the HPWC. Nice hotel and the charger has worked without issue. Enjoy!
PS. Given the transformer is already in place I would bet Syracuse will be operational well before the 10th.

If you look on plugshare, there are two HPWCs in Binghamton. One is at the Doubletree, which you may have to be a guest to use and one is at a company called ScottTech at 336 Court Street Binghamton. The HPWC is on the right hand side of the building. On the left hand side is a J1772 charger. They are free. When I used the HPWC the lights did not light up but it still provided a charge.

Thanks I also noted the Scottech HPWC. I might use it to top off before we leave if I don't get access to the University's charger. Seems to be a very centrally controlled policy regarding use of the 3 chargers at the University. Chargers need to be turned on centrally and then a code needs to be inputted with a keypad. Last year I was delayed in starting my charge for over an hour. Sent an email to the administrator in charge last week and have yet to receive a response.