Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Syracuse, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The curb has been replaced, and the last stall is finished, but there was no activity otherwise.

So there's good and bad news. The bad news; it won't be live by tomorrow.

The good news? It should be online by the end of next week, as long as the weather doesn't ICE us ;)

S4r7Jd7.jpg

The curb has been replaced, and the last stall is finished, but there was no activity otherwise.

So there's good and bad news. The bad news; it won't be live by tomorrow.

The good news? It should be online by the end of next week, as long as the weather doesn't ICE us ;)

S4r7Jd7.jpg

Looking at the photo I ask myself a rhetorical question. Why didn't Tesla place one of the charger stands near the charger cabinets so that you could drive straight in? The location I mention would have been partly hidden that post, in the photo foreground. They did that at Port Orange, Fl. and other locations.

Last edited:
There are some restrictions to deal with, the biggest one that this parking lot is very crowded during business hours. I wouldn't be surprised if the SC spots end up getting ICE'd on a regular basis, especially with the really bad signage Tesla installed.

To add some more context, here's a quick graphic I did, which shows how you can enter this parking lot (2 entrances, yellow lines), where the supercharger building is (white), and the charging stations themselves (green area).

scsyr.jpg

> Why didn't Tesla place one of the charger stands near the charger cabinets so that you could drive straight in? [Kutu]

With the luxury of 8 stalls one could simply swoop in. Tesla probably trying to simplify the cabling here. The max I've seen is 1+5, I think.
--

I just drove by the Syracuse supercharger. The workers were not there - perhaps at lunch. But they definitely paved the area this morning, and the pylons were up allowing the pavement to cool. In addition, all chargers except one - 1A - were still covered with a plastic sheet. And - perhaps most interesting of all - the red TESLA at the top of charger 1A was illuminated. Soon. Very very soon.

Last edited:
Eric, Thanks for the update. I'll be using this one travelling from Rochester to Binghamton, between kids :)
How do you get from the thruway exit to the lot? I am assuming you can't drive straight across Electronics Parkway.

Andy, Thanks!

No problem!

I just drove by the Syracuse supercharger. The workers were not there - perhaps at lunch. But they definitely paved the area this morning, and the pylons were up allowing the pavement to cool. In addition, all chargers except one - 1A - were still covered with a plastic sheet. And - perhaps most interesting of all - the red TESLA at the top of charger 1A was illuminated. Soon. Very very soon.

Well, if they were at lunch when you were there, they took a long lunch, because I went by shortly after 3:00, and there was still no one around. :) Actually I expect they may be working somewhere else today, as perhaps there isn't much for them to do there while waiting for the paving to dry.

I'm not sure there's much left to be done after that.

I had intentionally not charged last night, thinking I might make it there today, and hoping I might be one of the first to try out the Supercharger if I did make it, but unfortunately no such luck. As you'll see from the pictures below, the charging cord just wouldn't reach. :)

I agree this Supercharger's opening must be imminent.

Syracuse Supercharger April 14 -1.jpg

Syracuse Supercharger April 14 -2.jpg

Actually I expect they may be working somewhere else today, as perhaps there isn't much for them to do there while waiting for the paving to dry.
I'm not sure there's much left to be done after that.

There's some speculation on the Buffalo SpC thread that this crew's heavy equipment has been moved west to Buffalo. That would be especially good news in my quest to run Cleveland to Boston and back via I-90. Certainly looks promising!

Well looks like it was a full house today, I was there around 3PM as well (and probably will be there every day for the rest of the week, so if you want to meet up ...) ;)

It sounds like they are right on schedule (paving, testing), and might open by Thursday (the plan was to bring it online Friday). But I'm pretty sure they are paving again tomorrow, as this was just the foundation.

tYfPFpX.jpg

p8ZMAmb.jpg

Also, don't forget to look at my earlier post, which shows the Thruway, and the SuperCharger entrances.

Last edited:
Well looks like it was a full house today, I was there around 3PM as well (and probably will be there every day for the rest of the week, so if you want to meet up ...) ;)

I stopped by today because I won't be back in Syracuse for several days. I expect it will have been open for a while before I'm back. The honor of first charge will go to someone else's Model S.