Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Syracuse, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I added the SuperCharger to PlugShare with some useful information, but for some reason, PlugShare deleted it. I'm wondering if Tesla requested this, not sure why else they would do this.

On a sidenote, it looks like a CHAdeMO station is going live in Ithaca anytime now.

Hasn't been an issue with other stations I added months in advance, and I included in the description it was opening within days.

SXtIR5w.jpg

They picked up some equipment, but the large asphalt paver was still there. Considering how dirty it looks, I'm wondering if there will be a 3rd layer?

Last edited:
Hasn't been an issue with other stations I added months in advance, and I included in the description it was opening within days.
<snip photo>
They picked up some equipment, but the large asphalt paver was still there. Considering how dirty it looks, I'm wondering if there will be a 3rd layer?
Plugshare seems to be a lot more proactive recently in removing 'Coming Soon' listings, which I'm in favor of. Cuts down the clutter, and eliminates people planning on them when they aren't there yet, as unlike tesla's map there's no distinction between icons of 'open' and 'coming soon' sites.

That's the thing, other 'Coming Soon' listings in the area (including the CHAdeMO station) are still up. Plus someone else added the Coming Soon tag to the name, making it really stand out.

I've added so many stations to PlugShare, this is the first time this has happened to me.

I added the SuperCharger to PlugShare with some useful information, but for some reason, PlugShare deleted it. I'm wondering if Tesla requested this, not sure why else they would do this.

On a sidenote, it looks like a CHAdeMO station is going live in Ithaca anytime now.

Plugshare puts Tesla Supercharging stations in, ever wonder why you can't edit the info on them like you can with regular public stations?

I knew they did something, because you can't configure the # of stalls, but none of the others I've put in were ever deleted, just modified.

So back on topic, anyone else think there is a 3rd layer coming, or is this is it?

Last edited:
Paving looks done to me, but they still need to paint lines, and maybe clean it up a bit, and get Tesla to test it. Not sure about electrical inspections but maybe that's already done if one of the stalls has power... Looking like it'll be open by the weekend.

i am charging now at syracuse!

Pictures or it didn't happen. :)

(Congratulations on probably being the first, and on beating me to it.)

- - - Updated - - -

Erie, PA, you're up next!

Actually Erie has dropped off the map:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/8590-Tesla-Supercharger-network/page627?p=975511&viewfull=1#post975511