Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger V3 and Model Y unveil

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was in Taiwan.
And? The OP stated that the entire ownership base is not in a tizzy, so I linked to an article showing people lined up over unfair price decreases. Heck, I could simply link to either the $5k Performance thread or EAP discount thread, both on this board that went many pages deep.

Bottom line is that Tesla appear to be making deep random discounts in order to drum up business/get cash and for many people this being their first "lux vehicle" that has to sting somewhat...moreso when Tesla simply responds with an 'oh well, that's life'.

And? The OP stated that the entire ownership base is not in a tizzy, so I linked to an article showing people lined up over unfair price decreases. Heck, I could simply link to either the $5k Performance thread or EAP discount thread, both on this board that went many pages deep.

Bottom line is that Tesla appear to be making deep random discounts in order to drum up business/get cash and for many people this being their first "lux vehicle" that has to sting somewhat...moreso when Tesla simply responds with an 'oh well, that's life'.
They are not “random”. They may have been, in retrospect “ill-advised”, but do you really think they just threw the dice and said “let’s give these folks a perk”?

Get past your anger for a moment. Tesla (maybe Musk) wanted to make pre-price-reduction owners feel a little less remorse. The company didn’t have a mountain of cash to compensate 200,000 owners for the car price reductions. So they (he) offered discounts on remaining software upgrades.

If there were a lot of potential upgrades still available (e.g., those that had not bought EAP/FSD) there was more potential for price reductions that came close to compensating for car price reductions. For others, (e.g., those that had already bought EAP), there was less potential. I think Tesla’s (Musk’s) intention was to do what they (he) could without spending a lot of cash.

Unfortunately, this has been interpreted as biased and a breach of contract. I personally think this was not the intent (else why do anything at all?). But hell hath no fury like someone who has had 2% of their purchase price in question.

Reactions: copyhacker
They are not “random”. They may have been, in retrospect “ill-advised”, but do you really think they just threw the dice and said “let’s give these folks a perk”?

Get past your anger for a moment. Tesla (maybe Musk) wanted to make pre-price-reduction owners feel a little less remorse. The company didn’t have a mountain of cash to compensate 200,000 owners for the car price reductions. So they (he) offered discounts on remaining software upgrades.

If there were a lot of potential upgrades still available (e.g. those that had not bought ESP/FSD) there was more potential for price reductions that came close to compensating for car price reductions. For others, (e.g., those that had already bought EAP), there was less potential. I think Tesla’s (Musk’s) intention was to do what they (he) could without spending a lot of cash.

Unfortunately, this has been interpreted as biased and a breach of contract. I personally think this was not the intent (else why do anything at all?). But hell hath no fury like someone who has had 2% of their purchase price inwuestion.
Yeah, nothing like 2% to tweak people in a transparent pricing model when they had probably been bilked 10% for years by an opaque, dealer based pricing model.

I’d think that Supercharger V3 would allow for cables that plug themselves in (or as Toyota would say, self-charging cars). There’s nothing about that on the Reddit thread, but then again maybe this is coming out after 1-2 years/closer to when Elon recently said FSD won’t need monitoring. After all, they did start upgrading the European network with new plugs and potentially complicate the engineering problem. Perhaps self-charging would be Supercharger V3.1.

If there were a lot of potential upgrades still available (e.g., those that had not bought EAP/FSD) there was more potential for price reductions that came close to compensating for car price reductions. For others, (e.g., those that had already bought EAP), there was less potential. I think Tesla’s (Musk’s) intention was to do what they (he) could without spending a lot of cash.

Unfortunately, this has been interpreted as biased and a breach of contract. I personally think this was not the intent (else why do anything at all?). But hell hath no fury like someone who has had 2% of their purchase price in question.
I was referring to those that missed out on price reductions that in some cases were almost $50k, weeks (not years) after they had purchased, hence the strike. Again, the stock has plummeted SPECIFICALLY because of this and based on comments Musk made not even a month earlier (opening more locations) that clearly contradict his announcement this week that left the market and analysts in shock, not to mention shareholders and employees.