Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fake (old) news? Tesla Set to Unveil Front Bumper Camera and Ambient Lights for Model S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like this topic started back in sometime middle of 2023.

Anyone on deck to order MX, deciding to wait out to see how this one goes?

Tesla Set to Unveil Front Bumper Camera and Ambient Lights for Model S/X (notateslaapp.com)

That is all about to change. Trusted sources, who have provided reliable information in the past, have informed Not a Tesla App that ambient lighting and a front bumper camera will be added to the S and X in early March.

Additional discussions here,

Reactions: RayzorEV
I just took delivery of my 2024 MX, and am REALLY bummed about the front camera addition 2 weeks after purchasing mine.
I don’t have a lot of experience with Tesla’s. Rumors were that the wiring has already been in place for the camera addition, is there a chance Tesla will offer to install a camera at a service center for a fee?

I just took delivery of my 2024 MX, and am REALLY bummed about the front camera addition 2 weeks after purchasing mine.
I don’t have a lot of experience with Tesla’s. Rumors were that the wiring has already been in place for the camera addition, is there a chance Tesla will offer to install a camera at a service center for a fee?
Would be nice…took delivery of our MXP in late Jan! Front bumper camera would
be such a game changer

I was given a delivery date on my 2024 MX yesterday and SA says no front camera or ambient lighting on this VIN (nor did they confirm the rumor). SA said this VIN left the factory 2/26 (before the rumored 3/1 updated production). I rejected delivery and placed the order on hold for now to see if anything comes to light on the "upgrade". I am transferring FSD so I really need to take delivery soon so I don't know how long I should keep the order on hold...HELP? Anyone have any advice?

Reactions: RayzorEV
I was given a delivery date on my 2024 MX yesterday and SA says no front camera or ambient lighting on this VIN (nor did they confirm the rumor). SA said this VIN left the factory 2/26 (before the rumored 3/1 updated production). I rejected delivery and placed the order on hold for now to see if anything comes to light on the "upgrade". I am transferring FSD so I really need to take delivery soon so I don't know how long I should keep the order on hold...HELP? Anyone have any advice?
its just a rumor. i had a 3/2024 build (also reports of other people with post 3/1 builds) saying it's not there. it's a rumor and they're now changing their wording of the rumor to buy themselves the rest of March. Expect a new excuse in April.

I rented and "New"2023 Mercedes s model while in Europe and happen to notice that the front interior ambient dash panel on it looks exactly(identical) like exactly!! that on my Tesla model S plaid (April 2023). This front panel on my tesla always looked like an screen and it was suppose to have an function... The lighting on the Benz s class looks amazing and if that's what Tesla will do it certainly will look cool. I guess it would be safe to guess that the new ambient package will be finally placed there... I recommend to go check out the Mercedes S class ambient lighting panel if anyone's is interested.

Seems like this topic started back in sometime middle of 2023.

Anyone on deck to order MX, deciding to wait out to see how this one goes?

Tesla Set to Unveil Front Bumper Camera and Ambient Lights for Model S/X (notateslaapp.com)

Additional discussions here,

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240328_204624_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240328_204624_Google.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 22
  • SmartSelect_20240328_204646_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240328_204646_Google.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 18
  • SmartSelect_20240309_005427_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240309_005427_Chrome.jpg
    705.9 KB · Views: 18
I rented and "New"2023 Mercedes s model while in Europe and happen to notice that the front interior ambient dash panel on it looks exactly(identical) like exactly!! that on my Tesla model S plaid (April 2023). This front panel on my tesla always looked like an screen and it was suppose to have an function... The lighting on the Benz s class looks amazing and if that's what Tesla will do it certainly will look cool. I guess it would be safe to guess that the new ambient package will be finally placed there... I recommend to go check out the Mercedes S class ambient lighting panel if anyone's is interested

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240328_204646_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240328_204646_Google.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 18
  • SmartSelect_20240328_204624_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240328_204624_Google.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 22
  • SmartSelect_20240309_005427_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240309_005427_Chrome.jpg
    705.9 KB · Views: 20
I have a Mar 18 2024 build, and no front camera / ambient lights. I had delayed the order when I heard the rumor early in March, but finally gave in because I didn't want to lose my FSD / UFSC transfers. And now, it appears Tesla has not yet begun installing either feature on the S or X as of yet. I'm sure they will, but not likely before May / June of this year IMO.

The front bumper camera (on the outside of the car) is incredibly useful especially if a true 360 view camera (top view) isn't available. Adding that camera may actually make the 360 view possible. CyberTruck has this camera. I would be several steps closer to ordering a Tesla the moment they put this camera on their X or even better, their Y.