Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR - KW V3 Leveling or Tesla Comfort suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For my early 2022 LR (w/o comfort suspension) I am currently thinking about if I should order the new comfort suspension from Tesla, or the KW V3 leveling kit. KW V3 is substantially more expensive, but I have heard that the comfort suspension is still quite stiff. Does anyone have experience with the KW V3 Leveling kit for their Model Y?

No experience with the KW setup, BUT the FIRST thing you should do is book a test drive (preferably 2 in back-to-back slots) of a new Model Y. I recommend going with a spouse or friend so you can take turns driving and sitting in the back (the experience is different). Drive the same "route" immediately after (or before, heck both) in your 2022 Y so you can tell exactly how big the difference is. If you are really serious, rent a 2023 Model Y for a day on Turo (or equivalent if they have one in Demark) ...no substitute for an all day test drive over the roads YOU drive on every day.

The "Tesla" suspension will likely be the least hassle in terms of Tesla giving you any grief on it, etc.

Reactions: tm1v2