Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Voting 2024Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The locations in New England:
noted 😢. Not really sure what this means. I'm sure Tesla must have a good pipeline of site they're working to develop in the region. Maybe it's saturated enough they don't feel customer/owner input into what the do next in the area adds value to their planning? This, of course, assumes the voting is more than just a creative engagement tool that perhaps is used to validate internal metrics-driven priorities. I think the quarterly voting is great myself, and gives insight into locations Tesla is likely already thinking about (a pseudo replacement for the "coming soon pins" on the findus page).

Reactions: kayak1
On the upside, if frees up votes in New England for other parts of the country (or world if you think globally).

If folks are looking for interesting pins to cast their votes, I'd suggest these two that open up options around Yellowstone National Park:

Gardiner, Montana (north entrance just outside the park, closer than Bozeman)
Cody, Wyoming (east entrance route)

And maybe to the east of Glacier National Park:
Shelby, Montana

I think adding supercharging sites in/around some of the remote and magnificent national parks will open up road trip options for the EV community as a whole.

Everyone has their own reasons for voting for sites of course, and I encourage folks to think consider voting for sites that might make a difference.

On the upside, if frees up votes in New England for other parts of the country (or world if you think globally).

If folks are looking for interesting pins to cast their votes, I'd suggest these two that open up options around Yellowstone National Park:

Shelby, Montana

I think adding supercharging sites in/around some of the remote and magnificent national parks will open up road trip options for the EV community as a whole.

Everyone has their own reasons for voting for sites of course, and I encourage folks to think consider voting for sites that might make a difference.

Shelby, MT is a Splitter! on I-15 so should be voted for anyway.

Mine are 3 Interstate splitters (I-44 Lawton, OK; I-69 Gas City, IN; I-15 Shelby, MT), a near Splitter! and V3 splitter (I-70 Wentzville, MO, also US-61 and US-40) and one helping completion in New Brunswick (Bathurst). There's Tyler, TX on I-20 but an existing Permit was found.
Had I not voted for Bathurst, I might have voted for Garden City, KS (US-50, US-83, US-400), Roswell, NM (US-70, US-285, US-380) or Cody, WY (US-14, US-26, US-20). Maybe even Fort Dodge, IA (US-20, US-169).

It's all about coverage and splitters for me, so I look for the Interstate splitters and locations with multiple US Numbered Highways, especially if it makes a bridge in the network. I chose to ignore Texas since Tesla seems to be building there anyway due to the factory in Austin.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer and kayak1
There is nothing in New England on this quarter's voting map. There is a way to suggest locations for the next round of voting.
The big hole right now is the Western stretch of Route 2, I suggested North Adams, please go on to the voting site and second North Adams or some place on 2.
The good news is that they are finally putting a Supercharger on Seacoast Maine. According to Supercharger.info the site in Rockland is 20 days away. Rockland is a game changer, not only does it make it much easier to go to Camden and Rockport it also means that you can take the coast route to Bar Harbor.
I voted for some locations in Canada and some in the Southern US. The good news in Canada is that Auld Cove in NS won the last round of voting so Cape Breton will be in range for New England Tesla drivers, would be nice if there were a couple more locations on Cape Breton, I intend to suggest a couple.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Newfoundland has 3 locations available to vote on. It will expand the SC network in Canada and make the island a much easier place to visit.
Most charger locations are sub 75kW and are limited to one or two cars simultaneously.

If we didn't have other locations in New England, I would ask that we support our northern neighbors.

Shelby, Montana

I voted for the three Newfoundland locations and then used the remaining two votes for the Yellowstone locations you listed. My wife has never been to Yellowstone.

If I had six votes, I would have added Shelby, MT, as I would also like to visit Glacier National Park.

Reactions: Tdreamer
There is nothing in New England on this quarter's voting map. There is a way to suggest locations for the next round of voting.
The big hole right now is the Western stretch of Route 2, I suggested North Adams, please go on to the voting site and second North Adams or some place on 2.
The good news is that they are finally putting a Supercharger on Seacoast Maine. According to Supercharger.info the site in Rockland is 20 days away. Rockland is a game changer, not only does it make it much easier to go to Camden and Rockport it also means that you can take the coast route to Bar Harbor.
I voted for some locations in Canada and some in the Southern US. The good news in Canada is that Auld Cove in NS won the last round of voting so Cape Breton will be in range for New England Tesla drivers, would be nice if there were a couple more locations on Cape Breton, I intend to suggest a couple.

Rockland, ME is one of two Phase V (NEVI Phase 1) locations that Tesla was awarded.
The other one is Augusta, ME at the same address (Marketplace Mall) as the current Augusta Supercharger.

Since Rockland is NEVI, it should be available to all EVs, and photos form the Rockland, ME Supercharger location show it will have V4 stalls, which is consistent with being NEVI.

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
The Bennington, VT location nearly complete will go a long way to helping fill hole in the area. I've also used Tesla's suggest a supercharger location form for North Adams as well as it's an obvious location for the region. With an 18 mile drive to Bennington, it's certainly within range of North Adams if needed, but far enough away to still warrant it's own supercharger in time.

Rockland, ME was discovered under construction 20 days ago (at the time of this post) - the 20 day stat is not a projected go-live date.

Newfoundland has 3 locations available to vote on. It will expand the SC network in Canada and make the island a much easier place to visit.
Most charger locations are sub 75kW and are limited to one or two cars simultaneously.

If we didn't have other locations in New England, I would ask that we support our northern neighbors.
I suggested two other locations on Cape Breton, Dingwall and Louisbourge, those are the two tips of Cape Breton, if they were to put Superchargers in those two places then Cape Breton would be completely accessible. The Newfoundland locations would be good also, worth your votes.

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
I suggested:
  • Vermont
    • Stowe
    • Jay
  • New Hampshire
    • Gorham
    • Ossipee
  • New York
    • North Hudson
  • Maine
    • Carrabassett
    • Camden
Stowe/Morrisville would be great. The chargers in Stowe seem to top out around 6kw. Lots of EVs up there. There's a hole in the northern third of Vermont I've encountered when vacationing around that area, or making a day trip to the eastern townships in Quebec from my Montpelier-area home. Certainly need some Level 3 chargers along the Rt 100/Rt 15 area as State government eventually transitions to EVs. I would assume Waterbury will eventually get a Level 3 NACS/CCS using the federal monies since it's on I-89.

I've suggested Auburn, Maine. The Turnpike loop west of 295 has a fairly large gap from Augusta, West Gardiner and Falmouth. There is a CCS, Chargepoint charger at the Rt 4/95 Auburn interchange Irving, but it's slow and there's only 2 posts. That and the Supercharger gap between Falmouth and Farmington is large. When headed to Rangeley/Carabassett Valley in cold weather, I have to stop at Falmouth still at nearly 45% coming up from SW Boston area in order to reliably make Farmington. From the Turnpike to the Farmington SC meanwhile, there are about 17 gas stations (lost exact count.) We need some love in the Auburn area section of the pike.

Last edited: