Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What new Supercharger site do you want the most? Supercharger voting 1Q2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As usual. I voted for rural locations in or around Arizona. Kayenta is my first choice - right in the middle of the Navajo reservation, a charging desert if there ever was one. Cortez, CO is also in dire need.
Kayenta AZ is my first choice, Cortez CO would be good too, but maybe Durango CO makes more sense as it's a more major intersection. Second choice is Globe AZ, it's been labeled as coming this year for many years.

Reactions: IdaX
Kayenta AZ is my first choice, Cortez CO would be good too, but maybe Durango CO makes more sense as it's a more major intersection. Second choice is Globe AZ, it's been labeled as coming this year for many years.
Kayenta is a no-brainer, though I think it is at least 5 years away. Durango already has a SC going in. But Durango isn't a substitute for Cortez unless you're coming from the north. Cortez is to southwest Colorado as Kayenta is to the Navajo res - it's the middle of a charging desert.

When I come up from Phoenix, which I have done more by motorcycle than car, I go Phx-Flagstaff-Kayenta-Cortez and that is 425 miles. On a bike, I'm done by then. My butt hurts, my knees ache, my back hurts, and my neck hurts if there is a sidewind. Durango is another hour down the road (and no SC there yet!) No, I want to stop in Cortez on the way into the state.

And I - on virtually every trip to Colorado - want to go through Gateway. Fortunately I can charge near Telluride and then again in Grand Junction. If you've never been on that stretch, you need to. It's amazing. But you have to get to Telluride (from Phoenix).

People say to go through Farmington. Besides sketchy SC, you have to drive up route 666, and that is one of the ugliest drives I can remember from Gallup to Farmington.

And once you get to Cortez, it's like they never heard of EV's. Try to find even a destination charger there - pretty scare. Charge at the pool?

Reactions: IdaX
I cast my votes based on where I'm mostly likely to drive in the future. I never vote for anything in my area cause I charge at home, but I can see how that would be important for those who can't charge at home.

One gripe I have about owning a Tesla is that on road trips I can't stray too far off the main highways due to lack of fast chargers in small towns. When I had my ICE car I would always take the back roads on trips and got to see some really interesting places that way.

I suggested a new site in Sydney Nova Scotia as there are none in that area yet.
I voted for Sydney last time.

Kayenta is a no-brainer, though I think it is at least 5 years away. Durango already has a SC going in. But Durango isn't a substitute for Cortez unless you're coming from the north. Cortez is to southwest Colorado as Kayenta is to the Navajo res - it's the middle of a charging desert.

When I come up from Phoenix, which I have done more by motorcycle than car, I go Phx-Flagstaff-Kayenta-Cortez and that is 425 miles. On a bike, I'm done by then. My butt hurts, my knees ache, my back hurts, and my neck hurts if there is a sidewind. Durango is another hour down the road (and no SC there yet!) No, I want to stop in Cortez on the way into the state.

And I - on virtually every trip to Colorado - want to go through Gateway. Fortunately I can charge near Telluride and then again in Grand Junction. If you've never been on that stretch, you need to. It's amazing. But you have to get to Telluride (from Phoenix).

People say to go through Farmington. Besides sketchy SC, you have to drive up route 666, and that is one of the ugliest drives I can remember from Gallup to Farmington.

And once you get to Cortez, it's like they never heard of EV's. Try to find even a destination charger there - pretty scare. Charge at the pool?
I do Tucson to Pagosa Springs several times a year, and now I have to go through Farmington-Gallup every trip, the limitations of EV's today (minor but real). I would like to go a more scenic route as I used to in my dirty car. Durango does have a CCS fast charger so maybe a Tesla charger in Cortez does make more sense. I would like to see Chinle too. I believe Kayenta is on the AZ state charging plan for 2025-26, so maybe a CCS or maybe a non-Tesla NACS!. Charged in Telluride last week, great location if you are skiing.

I see what you mean, that is a huge gap. Is it common for europeans to drive their cars between western europe and greece? I thought since flights were so much cheaper in europe you'd just fly.
No so common to Greece. There are a lot of Bulgarians and Romanians working in Germany/Austria/Switzerland who commute home for Christmas/Easter/Summer so the SuC network further north is better served. and rarely more than 200km between SuCs.
Very few western Europeans would drive all the way to Greece, but anyone living within a day's drive of Northern Greece would usually load up the car and drive there for their holidays. Although you'll read about $30 flights in Europe, there are usually only a few seats at that fare and only midweek. For summer it's more normal to pay $200+ for a return flight to a reasonable holiday location.