Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Weed, CA (LIVE 17 May 2024, 16 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm... Looking at the Charge my Other EV section of the Tesla app I don't see this site as an option, how did you get the adapter out of the charging post?

I see Quincy and Moses Lake and Forks in WA and Boardman and Ontario in OR and Roseville, Placerville and Scotts Valley in NorCal
Scotts Valley is NOT NorCal my friend lol. You need to be North of Willows to use that term:p

• Funny
Reactions: wws
I think if you are Fresno or North you are in NorCal, SoCal is Bakersfield and South. I'm not saying it's right, seems like Central California would be a better place to keep the Capitol, but this is just the way things seem to be. I think it's cause there really isn't anything IN actual Northern part of CA. There's a big lake, some hills including some downright unstable hills, some lovely seaside communities, probably a nice river somewhere in there. So they probably figured it wasn't worth wasting 'NorCal' on that, so they kept going down and down until they were south of SF.
Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 7.05.52 PM.png

Last edited:
I think if you are Fresno or North you are in NorCal, SoCal is Bakersfield and South. I'm not saying it's right, seems like Central California would be a better place to keep the Capitol, but this is just the way things seem to be. I think it's cause there really isn't anything IN actual Northern part of CA. There's a big lake, some hills including some downright unstable hills, some lovely seaside communities, probably a nice river somewhere in there. So they probably figured it wasn't worth wasting 'NorCal' on that, so they kept going down and down until they were south of SF.
View attachment 1050697
There are multiple "Big Lakes" Ag is off the charts, and yes mostly "out-doorsy" style things. We assume and take no part in Sac or San Fran as NorCal up here :)

Reactions: wws
That's weird. If I look at the Charge My Other EV in the Tesla App, the site is flagged as "NACS site - Adapter Required. Supported: Ford, Rivian".
However, there are Magic Dock adapters present and the Charge Here button is available in the app. I don't see why any other CCS vehicle wouldn't be able to charge here.

That's weird. If I look at the Charge My Other EV in the Tesla App, the site is flagged as "NACS site - Adapter Required. Supported: Ford, Rivian".
However, there are Magic Dock adapters present and the Charge Here button is available in the app. I don't see why any other CCS vehicle wouldn't be able to charge here.
I was in Sparks a few weeks ago looking at the V4 there. I couldn't get the Magic Dock to come out. The app said the same thing..Needs adapter. But Placerville Magic Dock works just fine

Rivians are already fitted with NACS interface?
No vehicle has a NACS interface yet, but this is how Tesla describes sites that are open to Rivian and Ford vehicles with an adapter on their own supercharger map: "Supercharger open to NACS - NACS Adapter Required to Charge at this Supercharger. This Supercharger is Open to Tesla and NACS Enabled Vehicles with CCS Compatibility."

I just don't understand why they'd install magic docks here and not open it to all CCS vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: mborkow and Acps110
I just don't understand why they'd install magic docks here and not open it to all CCS vehicles.
You must be new in these parts. Hang around this site long enough and you will learn that Tesla does a lot of incongruous and counter-intuitive things. Why should they be logical and sensible when they can be mysterious and vague?

(I mean no offense. Honestly. But those of us who've been on this site for 8+ years know how Tesla operates at times. Real head scratching moments.)

You must be new in these parts. Hang around this site long enough and you will learn that Tesla does a lot of incongruous and counter-intuitive things. Why should they be logical and sensible when they can be mysterious and vague?

(I mean no offense. Honestly. But those of us who've been on this site for 8+ years know how Tesla operates at times. Real head scratching moments.)
You defiantly DO NOT have to have been on this site that long to Tesla operates Weird.

Yeah, I know. And if we wanted to know there wouldn't be anyone left to answer the question.

I'm just salty because it's a pretty big CCS dead zone between Yreka and Anderson, and this would be so perfect, along with the Rivian site in Mt. Shasta that will be opening up. There's a pilot flying J that finished construction at the same time as this location, and  still isn't open.

You can only assume that they had the updated Ford software that allows for Supercharging, he could have easily seen that it was a v4 NACS compatible charger and just availed himself of the built in Magic Dock that all v4 sites have. Fords and Rivians that haven't received their own adapter yet can already use the built in adapters just by holding the button before removing the cord.

Why they are not open to general consumption is likely related to usage. If a site sees little traffic it won't pay for itself, installing Magic Docks on v3s or on v4s just turning the feature on can bring in more chargers. Also, if they received NEVI funding for the site it should support Magic Dock as it was built to be used for CCS charging. Not a lot of either yet, so on most of the v4 Posts that have been deployed so far the screens are off, reserving them for Tesla Ford and Rivian charging only, clearly they are not wanting to swamp the Supercharger network.

You can only assume that they had the updated Ford software that allows for Supercharging, he could have easily seen that it was a v4 NACS compatible charger and just availed himself of the built in Magic Dock that all v4 sites have. Fords and Rivians that haven't received their own adapter yet can already use the built in adapters just by holding the button before removing the cord.

Why they are not open to general consumption is likely related to usage. If a site sees little traffic it won't pay for itself, installing Magic Docks on v3s or on v4s just turning the feature on can bring in more chargers. Also, if they received NEVI funding for the site it should support Magic Dock as it was built to be used for CCS charging. Not a lot of either yet, so on most of the v4 Posts that have been deployed so far the screens are off, reserving them for Tesla Ford and Rivian charging only, clearly they are not wanting to swamp the Supercharger network.

Good point, and good question. I'd forgotten that V4 pedestals have the built-in Magic Dock. My excuse is that my son plugged the car in, so I didn't notice. :D

The site wasn't full, but wasn't empty either. Stopped there again on the way south, and a Tesla tech was working on one of the charging cabinets. Had a few of the stalls coned off.

For road tripping, it is a great addition. Avoids needing to use the Mt Shasta V2s. Over the past couple years, the trip between the Bay Area and Seattle has become easily doable using only V3s.

Reactions: israndy
Yeah, I know. And if we wanted to know there wouldn't be anyone left to answer the question.

I'm just salty because it's a pretty big CCS dead zone between Yreka and Anderson, and this would be so perfect, along with the Rivian site in Mt. Shasta that will be opening up. There's a pilot flying J that finished construction at the same time as this location, and  still isn't open.
I just drove by the Mt Shasta CPE250s, everyone of them is dead. The RAN are working and of coarse all 20 of the Tesla SC are fine :)