Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Port Orange, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm, those look like J1772s and not superchargers.....:confused:

Yes, those are J1772 chargers. I didn't think the permits found here were Superchargers, because they did not list Tesla like the others, and didn't reference Superchargers, like the others.

That's true they're not Superchargers, but the good news is that they are in a pretty good location. :smile:

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Not having seen either one or knowing what they look like (and not having the car yet) - I'll leave the final word to others.

Hi Archie,

I want to thank you for your efforts. Even though they weren't Superchargers your information was extremely helpful.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Archie,

I want to thank you for your efforts. Even though they weren't Superchargers your information was extremely helpful.

Larry[/QUOTE]
No problem. If anybody gets wind of where the Jax or St. Aug. site may be, I may be able to check them out too if I have a scheduled trip for other reasons to those places.
Archie/Caddieo

From the "Tesla Supercharging Stations at CBL Malls -MarketWatch thread http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tes...lls-2013-06-24

The initial cooperation will place Tesla Superchargers at five CBL Malls to include Gulf Coast Town Center in Fort Myers, FL; The Pavilion at Port Orange in Port Orange, FL; Alamance Crossing in Burlington, NC; CherryVale Mall in Rockford, IL and Imperial Valley in El Centro, CA.

Last edited:
Hmmm, those look like J1772s and not superchargers.....:confused:

Yup, those look like Eaton Level 2 chargers. Sorry :)

Back to superchargers ...

CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. : Tesla Supercharging Stations at CBL Malls | 4-Traders

CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. : Tesla Supercharging Stations at CBL Malls
06/24/2013| 11:05am US/Eastern

CBL Forms Partnership to Open Tesla Supercharging Stations at Select CBL Shopping Centers

CBL & Associates Properties Inc. (NYSE: CBL) today announced the launch of a partnership with Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) to install Tesla Supercharging stations at several CBL Malls across the country. Tesla is building a network of Supercharging stations that will eventually enable Tesla owners to drive coast to coast in their electric vehicles. The initial cooperation will place Tesla Superchargers at five CBL Malls to include Gulf Coast Town Center in Fort Myers, FL; The Pavilion at Port Orange in Port Orange, FL; Alamance Crossing in Burlington, NC; CherryVale Mall in Rockford, IL and Imperial Valley in El Centro, CA.

(see link for more)

EDIT: sorry, I see this was posted a couple hours ago, above. I missed this third page of posts when I came in here to see if it was already known.

I have one last random thought about a Supercharger station in Voluisa. CBL & Associates Properties Inc., have the Volusia Mall property located nearby where the Level 2 chargers are going in. This is also strategically located and it wouldn't surprise me that in the future, when Supercharger station congestion becomes a problem, that Tesla might go to CBL to install another station, even if it is close to other existing Supercharger stations.

Larry

Doh, so a few miles south of the I-4 / I-95 interchange, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Nevertheless, this beggar can't help wondering why they would favor Port Orange over Daytona. They are both CBL properties but Daytona has the strategic advantage of accessibility for all who traverse the I-95/I-4 junction. Those from I-4 going towards north I-95 would have to detour southward for a few miles. The same detour would affect those southbound from I-95 to I-4. Could it be that CBL is trying to drum up more business for one versus the other?

Nevertheless, this beggar can't help wondering why they would favor Port Orange over Daytona. They are both CBL properties but Daytona has the strategic advantage of accessibility for all who traverse the I-95/I-4 junction. Those from I-4 going towards north I-95 would have to detour southward for a few miles. The same detour would affect those southbound from I-95 to I-4. Could it be that CBL is trying to drum up more business for one versus the other?

Maybe that's why the map also shows another location around St Augustine...?

- - - Updated - - -

Mod Note: Thread title amended to reflect the new information.

Perhaps the Port Orange SC is meant more for those traveling northbound on I-95. Trying to service north and southbound drivers could lead to a very congested SC. If you assume the majority of drivers traveling southbound to Orlando via I-4 could skip the Daytona SC because the Jacksonville SC is only 150 miles away, then perhaps it makes sense to them to relieve congestion at the I-4 interchange by pushing this one slightly south. Just speculating....