Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers at Wawas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has Tesla announced any official agreement about putting superchargers at Wawas? Two of the three superchargers I've used have been at Wawa, and I've heard about many others.

The reason I'm asking it that they are building a shopping plaza with a Wawa 1/2 mile from me, and I'm trying to figure the chances it'll have a supercharger.

No public agreement. Much like Meijer grocery stores and Sheetz convenience stores, Tesla has working relationships with a number of regional chains to co-locate Superchargers on their property.

As for if your new local Wawa would have a Supercharger? Impossible to say, but it seems unlikely that they would build both at the same time.

WaWa is a convince store similar to 7 11. Started in the Philadelphia and South NJ area I believe. Many in Delaware (3 with SC). They are expanding into northern NJ but slowly.

The OP should check Tesla’s projections for future SC if they are listed in hay town you have a shot.

Thanks for the answer. its a somewhat humorous name for a store to me, but then again we have "in N out" out here, so...

WaWa and Sheetz are very similar. Both are found on the East Coast and can be considered a mega gas station and convenience store. They typically serve made-to-order food and have a large selection of snacks and beverages. Many of the Mid-Atlantic Superchargers are located at WaWa and Sheetz locations. While very convenient for Tesla road trips, it gets kind of old and you end up looking forward to Superchargers at more diverse locations.

As you get into the Mid-West, Meijer stores (like Walmart) host most of the Superchargers.

whats "wawa"? From the OP's description its obviously a store of some type, but I am almost positive there are none here in california.

Really?

wawa - Google Search

There is one in California .., Maryland.

Stores | Wawa

Wawa is mainly Mid-Atlantic: Delaware, Maryland, (SE) Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia and Washington DC. It is also in and expanding rapidly in Florida.

It used have stores in New York and Connecticut but shrunk in the 1990s, to survive and expand again.

Last edited:

Yeah I could have google searched it, but was curious... That website does not tell me what type of store it is. Could be a Grocery superstore for example (like Ralphs... but I believe those are called Krogers once you get out of the west coast). Someone telling me its "like a 7-11" had a lot more value than me reading their web page.

Reactions: KerryOH
Someone telling me its "like a 7-11" had a lot more value than me reading their web page.
Wawas are far superior to 7-11s. Their made to order hoagies are fresh, tasty and head & shoulders over anything 7-11 or Subway offers. You use a touchscreen to place your order They have hot selections too. They have better tasting coffee then 7-11.