Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers at Wawas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My favorite Pho (pronounced “fuh”) restaurant here in ATL is Pho King.

There is one of those in Houston as well. Clearly the app rovers in the sign department think it's pronounced 'F-oh'.

Oh, and WaWa is the shizzle. Wish we had them here, although Buc-ees just kills them. But Buc-ees are too big to have in the numbers that WaWa exists in the Philly metro area. Still miss my pretzels and mustard for breakfast.

Reactions: dmurphy and KerryOH
WaWa and Sheetz are very similar. Both are found on the East Coast and can be considered a mega gas station and convenience store. They typically serve made-to-order food and have a large selection of snacks and beverages. Many of the Mid-Atlantic Superchargers are located at WaWa and Sheetz locations. While very convenient for Tesla road trips, it gets kind of old and you end up looking forward to Superchargers at more diverse locations.

As you get into the Mid-West, Meijer stores (like Walmart) host most of the Superchargers.

Nah, only recently. WaWa was forever just a convenience store. Gas is a recent addition, like in the last 10 years or so. There was nothing mega about them for a long, long time....except for the quality (for a convenience store). They have small footprints so they can fit into suburban neighborhoods on the Mid-Atlantic, where space is at a premium.

Not as familiar with the history of Sheetz but I thought Sheetz was always a gas station with convenience store.

There is one of those in Houston as well. Clearly the app rovers in the sign department think it's pronounced 'F-oh'.

Oh, and WaWa is the shizzle. Wish we had them here, although Buc-ees just kills them. But Buc-ees are too big to have in the numbers that WaWa exists in the Philly metro area. Still miss my pretzels and mustard for breakfast.

I think there was an issue with a similar name in Keene, NH that went all the way to the City Council.

It’s been man years since I’ve been to a Wawa. Probably when I was in college. At the time you could get ice cream cones there that I like. The ice cream was Turkey Hill brand if I remember correctly.

In the Atlanta area QuickTrip is running the show. Decent gas prices and a large thermos of coffee is only $1.19.

Buc-Ees is amazing!! Got to experience one driving from Galveston to Houston. We still talk about it!

I’m just a simple guy from the Northeast - land of Wawa and Quick Chek. Both put 7-11 to shame.

Reactions: Needsdecaf
Also in case anybody misses the loins about how WAWA views it’s reinvention to Support EV and Tesla specifically here is the fellow behind the strategy:

Chris Gheysens - Wikipedia

Vienna is the the first but a number of others are certainly coming soon including ones with non-Tesla specific charging options. Just as they persist with free ATM’s don’t be surprised if free charging options continue also.