Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging to be uncoupled for new owners - lowering price of S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure! But looking at all the maps they all seem to be behind target ... unless there is going to be a grand reveal at the end of the year!

Understood, but at this point, that's just standard operating procedure. When it comes to the Supercharger network, there has never been a time when Tesla hasn't been behind on what they have promised. The problem lies with a broken "promiser" more than anything else. Tesla seems to have inverted the standard and have adopted the practice of "over promise and under deliver", especially when it comes to timelines. They seem to be able to get away with it for now, while they're still "pioneers", but I suspect that model isn't going to be a goer in the not too distant future. Fanboys will tolerate such nonsense, and mark it down to "an overly optimistic enthusiasm" on Tesla's part, but the mass market won't be nearly so forgiving. But, as long as you're the only guy who's delivering the goods, it doesn't really matter all that much, does it? Sitting on the edge of your seat in anticipation can be exciting, but it's not exactly the most comfortable way to position oneself for the whole show.

Edited addendum in anticipation of expected responses to my use of the word "promise": Yes, I realize that it's just a "suggestion" more than a "guarantee", but let's be honest, when a company puts up a projection for year end results, it is natural and reasonable to expect those projections to be based in reality and end results to be at least somewhat CLOSE to what was projected, no? Especially if said company has been coming out with these projections for multiple years now.

Last edited:
Fanboys will tolerate such nonsense

Yup, with you there, and I've gone along with all the other Promise and then deliver "when available" before, but the imminent arrival of 10x as many cars, in the shape of M3, is causing me to be keen that the Supercharger network expansion doesn't slip. In the UK getting Planning is probably the biggest headache to predicting timing, maybe elsewhere in the world too ... but if, instead, it is because of a redirection of finance to "more urgently needed sectors" that would be a worry for me.