Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Survey] Help a student in his Master's Thesis on Tesla Motors - 5 mins tops!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some comments:

1) You might want to have an open answer for the question "What do you use your car for?"

People use a Tesla to haul all kinds of stuff: furniture, lumbers, bales of hays, gardening loads, construction loads, or to haul a trailer ...

2) " According to you what are the characteristics of electric cars?"

I assume this question refers to Tesla because "electric cars" are just too general for a whole range of bad to good designs.

Traditionally, electric cars are not designed to please your eyes nor they are made to be practical. Take a look at Bolt EV for example!

-----------

I think to market an EV, a company need to how practical it can be.

It's great that Apple is rumored to be something like Lamborghini but that kind of practically is only suitable for a very minority because I doubt that Bjørn Nyland would carry doves/pigeons in a Lamborghini while he did with a Tesla (with feathers flying around.)

While it is true that most people don't drive long cross country but they still want to know how practical a car is and whether it can take them from California to New York with ease.

Thus, although it's great that GM Bolt can go 238 miles in a single charge but it is not practical because of its lack of Tesla charging standard (of which Tesla patents are free for GM and the public to copy.)

If your car is Tesla charging compliant, then with appropriate adapters, your car can plug in the most numbers of chargers and outlets: residential 120V, 240V, older dryer outlets, new dryer outlets, RV park 240V 50A, current popular J1772 chargers, CHAdeMO, and of course Tesla Superchargers...

Other charging standards want to be restrictive. Your Tesla charging compliant car is universal.

Last edited: