Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension from 2023 M3 RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Have a 2019 M3 RWD with 82k miles.
Can I swap the suspension from 2023 M3 RWD?

One of the 2023 springs has 1044379-07-f.
Not sure if this spring is for LFP battery. Will there be any issue if these are used for 2019 model?

Thanks,
Venu

Hi,

Have a 2019 M3 RWD with 82k miles.
Can I swap the suspension from 2023 M3 RWD?

One of the 2023 springs has 1044379-07-f.
Not sure if this spring is for LFP battery. Will there be any issue if these are used for 2019 model?

Thanks,
Venu
What XPsionic mentioned is exactly what I told you on the phone Venu. Please have faith in all the information I am providing to you. Most other shops who don't specialize in Tesla would have just done as you asked out of ignorance and then all your money would have been wasted.

Because the spring rates are likely higher, the ride height will also differ on the vehicle. This can cause the front end to look much higher than the rear end. We first experienced this when a customer purchased SR+ Eibach springs for his LFP car. Upon installation the front of the vehicle was SLAMMED!!!! This caused us to dig deeper and research the weight differences between them all. In your case if you put a LFP SR+ set of springs on your lighter 2019 SR+ it will likely raise the vehicle and ride much firmer. This is the exact opposite of what you were hoping to achieve iirc.

If you want to move forward and just put it in then go for it. You'd be much wiser to just swap the springs with your original springs and call it a day. I still think your LCA bushings at 82K miles will be a far more concerning matter in the not so distant future.

Did the suspension assembly include the factory uppermounts so they are currently fully assembled? Please share a photograph. It doesn't take much time to just swap the springs so please do not overthink it. The springs are not as critical a component as the shocks themselves with the mileage you have.

• Informative
Reactions: XPsionic
What XPsionic mentioned is exactly what I told you on the phone Venu. Please have faith in all the information I am providing to you. Most other shops who don't specialize in Tesla would have just done as you asked out of ignorance and then all your money would have been wasted.

Because the spring rates are likely higher, the ride height will also differ on the vehicle. This can cause the front end to look much higher than the rear end. We first experienced this when a customer purchased SR+ Eibach springs for his LFP car. Upon installation the front of the vehicle was SLAMMED!!!! This caused us to dig deeper and research the weight differences between them all. In your case if you put a LFP SR+ set of springs on your lighter 2019 SR+ it will likely raise the vehicle and ride much firmer. This is the exact opposite of what you were hoping to achieve iirc.

If you want to move forward and just put it in then go for it. You'd be much wiser to just swap the springs with your original springs and call it a day. I still think your LCA bushings at 82K miles will be a far more concerning matter in the not so distant future.

Did the suspension assembly include the factory uppermounts so they are currently fully assembled? Please share a photograph. It doesn't take much time to just swap the springs so please do not overthink it. The springs are not as critical a component as the shocks themselves with the mileage you have.

Thanks Rishie! Wanted to confirm on the part number. If that is indeed from LFP car.

Most of the items on eBay with this part number are showing older cars.

Reactions: venu