Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 M3 SR+ Comfort Suspension Upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey I'm looking to understand if I can update the suspension on my 2019 Model 3 SR+ (~100K KM on the ODO) to the updated comfort suspension (lower spring rate).

Looking through the tesla parts catalog here Parts Catalog I am having difficulty figuring what part numbers I need and should be asking my local SC for...

I think the fronts are 1044364-01-F?

Anyone done this before and know what to look for?

Another option I am looking at is these softer dual rate springs Model 3 AWD & RWD - Dual Rate Linear Lowering Spring Set with the Tein EnduraPro Plus struts. TEIN.com: EnduraPro / EnduraPro PLUS - PRODUCTS

Your best bet is to go with a set of Koni Yellow adjustable dampers with your OEM springs. Koni Sport (yellow) installed!

I've had Koni Yellows on a few different cars before, and they always smoothed out the smaller bumps and the sharp bumps. Sounds like according to the review linked, they do that for the Tesla as well.

Your car (and mine) are around 3600lbs curb weight, the new RWD is like 3850lbs, and the LR and Performance are like 4000lbs. None of the new spring and damper rates would be a perfect match for the lighter SR cars.

Do not go with dual rate springs, they reduce travel, the initial compression feel like normal (already hard) then it just gets even harder. Also none of those cheap dampers are designed to have different damping rates through the travel stroke, the car will ride like a hot pile of s....

The TEIN EnduraPro Plus is like a cheaper version of the Koni Yellows. TEINs are known for being more of a bargain suspension brand. I personally wouldn't choose it, but there are plenty of reviews and people who like the ride quality improvements on the Model 3 and Y.